Image Map

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Welcome to the Neighborhood!



Well we have had our first ups & downs with the welcoming to the neighborhood!  We haven't even been here a week!  First- everybody has been so super nice!  And, it is definitely a "dog" community, so that is great news for little Brutsie!



So starting with the not-so-good: We had our sod finally delivered/installed(?)...yay!  It happened so late on Friday evening.  Seriously, I came home from the grocery store and a bunch of men were sitting in my driveway eating.  Yes, I was a little freaked out.  I got out of my car and they still didn't say anything so I was like, "What's Up?"  and they replied that they were installing our sod.

Anyway, back to the story.  They finished around 8:30 pm, which Derek and I then proceeded to water the grass until midnight.  Luckily, it rained that morning (remember this very important point) and was only 60 degrees outside!  When I woke up, the grass was still wet from the rain so I made a run to Home Depot (our best friend recently who is eating all of our money)!  While there I receive a call from our builder's sales rep who works out of our development.  It went like this:

Sales Rep: "Hi Katie.  Just wanted to let you know that your sod went in yesterday."
Me: "Yup, sure did.  Derek and I watched them put it in last night while we ate dinner from our dining room table."
Sales Rep: "Oh ok.  Well I just received a call from your neighbor and he says your sod needs some watering and TLC because it is looking a little gray."

(*me thinking: WHAT?!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!)

Me: "Oh, well since it was installed late last night and watered until midnight, not to mention the rain this morning, I thought I would be ok running to Home Depot before watering it this morning."

Wow, I was so frustrated.  I soon calmed down and realized that the man was coming from a good place!  I know we are not experts by any means but jeesh, I am at least trying to have this under control!






Now with the good neighborhood aspect- While out walking Brutus last night, I ran into so many of our neighbors!  Everybody was out working on their lawn, playing with their kids, walking their dogs, etc.  It was great!  While come-to-find-out, this weekend is their annual block party!  YUP, partay, whot whot!  Unfortunately we will miss it because of a wedding and will miss the opportunity to meet everybody, but it's so great to know that we have fun people in a fun area!  Hopefully we will be able to make it to the next one!  Hey maybe someday we will be hosting....

Photobucket

7 comments:

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

haha... that is funny! They called after the first day - it could be a joke! Glad the new neighborhood is welcoming!

MrsEyeCanSee said...

Glad you like the neighborhood...sans one minor incident! I wish ours had a few more people our age!

dave and jenn said...

Sounds like you have a nosy neighbor! :) But how cool is the block party? We've wanted to get one of those started in our neighborhood too, but we haven't succeeded yet.

C Mae said...

I don't think your neighbor is nosey..it probably came off like that but I am betting this neighbor is OLDER than you and your hubby no? so gotta take it with a grain of salt over the shoulder and think of it as someone that is just trying to help even if they come off abrasive! :)

asj said...

have fun at the wedding and glad you're settling in and liking the neighborhood (and your grey sod)! ;)

Mrs. Monica said...

I have no clue about sod either. How long are you suppose to water it for. Maybe your grass was just a little more thirsty. lol

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, I would have no clue how to take care of the sod either. When mine was installed, I had sprinklers, thank goodness!!