Image Map

Monday, November 21, 2011

Movies and Books Oh My!

Happy Monday!  Hope you had an enjoyable weekend.  Derek and I had a great time hanging out with friends.  Sunday, my mom and I went to the Greater Cincinnati holiday market, which is like a huge arts and crafts fair…so much fun and got me in the Christmas spirit!  Unfortunately, we received news on Sunday that Derek’s grandmother passed away.  The good news is, she passed away peacefully.  We will be attending her funeral on Wednesday and spending time with family for the rest of the week.


I wanted to do a recap of the books I’ve been reading.  AND, I really need your help.  See, I’m kinda done with all the books on my “need-to-read” list, so PLEASE suggest  books or series that you’ve enjoyed!  What’s that….you don’t know what I would enjoy…well let me show you what I’ve been reading:


So,  I was definitely late on the “The Help” train, but I’m glad I jumped on!  Loved this book!  Can’t wait to see the movie!  I think I like reading books that will also turn into a movie.



So for all of you True Blood fans out there, there is of course a book series that the TV show is based off of.  I’ve read all 10…and now, the newest, 11th book.  This series is just alright for me.  I refuse to watch the show because of how different it is from the book….but maybe I may just have to get over it because I’m not enjoying the books that much…any thoughts?!?

I enjoyed this series…not to mention, the trailer of The Hunger Games looks nothing short of AMAZING!! LOVE the casting for Katniss and Gale!  The 2nd book was definitely my favorite!



Ok- YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK (sorry about the obnoxious all caps, but I wanted to get the point across)!  I may have liked this book better than The Hunger Games ….shhh don’t tell anybody!  But, if you liked The Hunger Games, then you will love this book.  Unfortunately, it is a series and this book is the only one out so far.  Ugh, I hate waiting, but it’s worth the read!

While on reviews, I have a movie review for you:
OMG, this is a great movie!  We just watched it last night ,and man, we were a nervous wreck the whole time.  If you like non-stop guessing and action…this is the movie for you!!

Hope you enjoyed the reviews, and PLEASE let me know of some book suggestions!  Thanks so much!


Photobucket

16 comments:

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

I am dying to read The Help and The Hunger Games...glad to know you enjoyed them. One of my close gal pals says The Hunger Games series are an absolute must read. Def gonna have to try and get my hands on a copy soon this winter. Hope you are doing well pretty girl. :-)

C Mae said...

I haven't read the hunger games...I am a chic lit type of gal so I am afraid I won't "enjoy them" what do you think?

Courtney said...

Thank you for posting this! I'm having a hard time finding gifts for Christmas and I love so many of these!

Faith said...

this book just reminds me that i haven't picked up a book in the longest while. i need to get on with that. maybe i will add that to my new year resolution. read more books!

p.s. what are the hunger games about? i've been hearing so much about it in blogland. oh wait, i could just google, hehe.

Faith said...

i meant this *post* just reminds me ....

p.s. i really want to read The Help though.

Lauren said...

So sorry for your loss :-( I really want to read the Hunger Games now after seein gthe trailer for the movie, looks amazing!!!!

Michelle said...

I want to start reading the Hunger Games so bad!

Steph said...

I wish I had more time to read! I would read all these books you posted because they all sound awesome. And I loved the next 3 days...so entertaining! Sorry for the loss of Derek's grandma...I'm happy you get to spend some valuable family time this week. Enjoy it!

the girl in the red shoes said...

We have the EXACT same taste in books! I'm SO glad you liked Divergent! I hate waiting for the next one to come out!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Oh wow lady...are you reading all these books at the same time?! Loves the Help! Another good book I just picked up was: Christmas Is Not Your Birthday!

Brittany said...

So sorry to hear about Derek's grandmother. I have read The Help, it was great! I have been wondering if the Hunger Games were good.

JJ said...

If you liked the help you should look into The Dry Grass of August, by Anna Jean Mayhew. Amazing book! Another great author to read if you like chick lit is Beth Harbison, start with the Shoe Addicts Annoymous book, and go from there. Some of my favorite authors are: Heather Gudenkauf, Stanley Gorden West and Larry Watson. I would give those a try. I hope you like them!

Megan said...

I absolutely LOVED The Help! Definitely one of my all time faves!!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

The Help and Hunger Games are my two favorite books of all time :)

Mrs. Monica said...

The Next Three Days had Steven and I on edge too. We could not stop yelling at the tv.

Anonymous said...

I was late to read "the help" as well but it was a really good book. I think it was only a two or three weeks ago that I read it. I finished it in two days, it was so good!

Lauren
http://www.laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/