Image Map

Monday, August 20, 2012

An Answer & Weekend Recap!

First, thanks for playing along with my little game!  The answer is….

5’9 and some change

We recently made some updates to our life insurance (officially an adult thing to do, I know) so I got measured a couple weeks ago.  Everybody's guesses were pretty close actually!  So, I have a few other questions for you to guess…we’ll play that game again!

On to the weekend recap.  Hope you all had a great weekend.  Ours was seriously crazy busy.  But a fun busy because we got to see family and friends all weekend.

Friday Night

Derek’s parents came to Cincinnati and we went to a Reds game.  First, we went to Crave, a new restaurant right across from the stadium.  Seriously delicious food people.

Before going to the game, we stopped by a bar for a pre-game beer.


The weather was absolutely perfect!  And for the first time, we stayed for the fireworks.  I was impressed by these suckers!  A perfect night if I say so myself!


Saturday Morning

We got up and tried Taste of Belgium in OTR for brunch.


I’ve been wanting to try this place ever since I had one of their waffles at a wine tasting.  It was such a great little spot with some local & tasty food!


Saturday Night

Dinner at Nada and then night out on the town with friends!

 



Sunday

SO, we had Sunday Funday with Sarah and her husband!!  It’s been a while since I had one of these…and honestly, it was perfection!  Nothing better than hanging out at the pool all afternoon and chatting with friends.  Did I mention that her husband was so incredibly sweet and surprised her with this?  I know, right!

Whew….good times!


post signature

15 comments:

Katrin said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Glad you had a great time!
And I guessed it right! Yay!
Can't wait for more questions. :)

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

What a fun weekend!! Love the dress!! I have never done a Sunday Funday, but will do one this sunday for my cousin-in-law's bday...hope I'm not too tired Mon :)

Sean Marie said...

Nice weekend! I'm pretty sure I guessed 5'9". Looking forward to some more questions. :)

Erin said...

Sunday Funday's are the absolute best. I can't wait for football to start so I can really participate in them again!

Jane {In The Pink & Green} said...

I'm 5'9'' too! (Well technically I think I'm like 5'9.5'' or something like that)...yay for being tall :) Looks like a fun weekend! xoxo

Angie said...

We were driving through Cincinnati one night when the Reds won a game an they were letting off fireworks. It was breathtaking to see from the interstate!

Sounds like you had a nice weekend. Hope this week is just as good to you

According to Jax said...

I was at Nada on Saturday night for dinner too! I can't believe we missed each other!!

And yes, the Reds fireworks are amazing!!!!! I'm suprised you've never seen them before, they are the best I've ever seen!

Courtney said...

That sounds like the perfect weekend. I love summer night baseball games!

Erin said...

So fun :) I love seeing all the Cincy fun! Can't believe you'd never stayed for the fireworks before! They really put on a pretty good show there!! I've been wanting to try Crave- might have to get there this weekend!!!

Lauren said...

What a fun weekend weekend yay for baseball and love your dress!

Haddock said...

Some nice photographs here.

Sarah Lynn said...

Sounds fun and love your dress!!

Allison said...

I have been wanting to try out Taste of Belgium forevvvveeerrr. I must make it happen. Glad you had such a fun filled weekend!

Cortney said...

I looove that dress! Looks like a fun time. So glad I ran across your blog. Looking forward to reading more!!

Laura Darling said...

What a great weekend! Those fireworks look amazing!