Wednesday, November 14, 2012

peaks, pits, praises, and prayers

peaks,pits,praises,andprayers

So, I saw this amazing idea on Pinterest the other day…."Peaks, pits, praises, and prayers” journal.  I thought this would be a great way to journal at night.  And it would only take a couple of minutes.  It appears these 4 P’s would capture everything! 


peaks- highlights of the day; overall positives
pits- low point(s) of the day; rather than complaining use as a way to look at it as a blessing in disguise
praises- praising God for specific things throughout the day
prayers- prayer requests that arose during the day or have been lingering


I thought I would share my 4 P’s for this week

Peaks
  • Laughing with a coworker at work over something incredibly funning.  Don’t really remember what it was about…just remember feeling really good to laugh that hard
  • Girl talk with my friends
  • Only spending $67 on groceries this week
  • Spending time with our neighbors
  • Coming home to a clean house with all the towels and sheets washed

Pits
  • Feeling overwhelmed with some issues happening in my life
  • Faucet in guest bathtub leaking

Praises
  • All of us kids getting together for Thanksgiving (also, see below)
  • Thankful for our friends and family.  Love them!
  • Derek’s niece had her baby boy this week & a friend at work went into labor today.  Babies, babies, babies…so exciting!

Prayers
  • My grandmother passed away this week and I’m thinking of the family on my Dad’s side
  • All of us kids getting together for Thanksgiving
  • Praying for the patience to let things figure themselves out

Love this!  I think this could be a great link-up.  Thoughts?

   
   
post signature

15 comments:

Jessica Nicole said...

Laughing hard is the best! You and your family are in my thoughts :) look to God, he will never steer you wrong. Hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving :)

Courtney said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma :( prayers for your family but I do love this idea

Faith said...

I am so sorry about the loss of your grandmother. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

I think this would be a fabulous link up. I love this and you!

LC said...

I love this too and would definitely participate in a linkup:)

Mrs. H said...

I think this would make a great link up!!! If you do it, I'm in. Love this idea for a journal too.

Tarabelle said...

This would be a great link up. Love the idea and I would participate.

Tara

http://tarabelle-adropofink.blogspot.com/

Kristen said...

Definitely a great idea for a link up! Love this! :)

the lovebirds said...

I love this! What an amazing idea for a journal. I am so "stealing" this idea. Thanks for sharing! xo

Recently Roached said...

Love the journal and this idea! So sorry to hear about your grandmother :( Keeping y'all in my prayers!

Dan and Pauline said...

Great idea! Sorry you're feeling overwhelmed. I find that talking my issues out with my hubby, dad or God to be the answer. Don't hold it in. I'm here if you need to talk for real.

Elizabeth @The Better Belle Project said...

I'm sorry for your loss and I can definitely relate to feeling overwhelmed... I think this would make a fantastic link up! I'd for sure do it with you if you started one :)

Sarah said...

What a fun idea!! A good belly laugh is just want you need sometimes.

Sorry to hear about your grandma, thinking about you guys

Kristin said...

love this!!

Holly said...

I love this idea! What a great way to capture each day!

And I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. My Grandma (my dad's mom) passed away a little over a month ago and I'm still so sad. I think about her every day. The holidays are going to be tough this year. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Kat@shop.school.sleep. said...

This is a cute idea!! sorry about your grandmother and I hope you have a good time with your family on Thanksgiving