Image Map

Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Recap!

Jeepers Creepers, this Monday was a rough one.  Derek and I were in South Dakota for Thanksgiving over the weekend, and the travels made me very sleepy for today!  BUT, we had a super great trip visiting my family, hanging out with my brothers and sister, and having the most fun with my nieces and nephews.

Honestly, I was a complete and total anxiety-filled wreck before we left.  There are so many reasons why and the most being this would be the first time going back to South Dakota after my Dad’s funeral.  I had mixed emotions and knew that just being there would stir up feelings I can usually push aside.  Additionally, I knew ahead of time that I would have to go over to my Dad’s house for a family dinner…which I was seriously went into with major apprehension.  I didn’t know how I would feel stepping foot in his house and seeing all his stuff.  However, the experience was total opposite than I imagined.  It was so nice to be surrounded by his things and feel a sort-of presence.  I guess I didn’t realize this was something I was missing in Ohio.

Of course there was drama which is impossible to avoid with all of us four siblings back together under the same roof.  But like always, we work through it ignore the crap out of it and have a good time.  It was definitely a great Thanksgiving trip!

If you follow along on Instagram (find me at Marriedwithapup), then you’ve probably seen most of these pictures….a crap ton of my adorable nieces and nephews!  But they are too cute not to share on here!

photo5edit
My nephew Jake, Derek, and I eating some dinner at a Italian restaurant. 

photo6edit
My niece Kennedy.  Look at those eyes!!!!!


photo4edit
More nieces, Claire and London!


photoedit
My sister and I!  My brother, sister, myself, and our spouses went out on the town.  Us ladies danced the night away!


photo3edit
And lastly, my brother-in-law and Derek looking “happy!”


Hope you had a great Thanksgiving



post signature

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like a great Thanksgiving!

Faith said...

I'm happy to hear that it felt good to be in your dad's home.

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving! Your niece and nephew are adorable!

Courtney said...

I love that you're on Instagram now! Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving and you and your sister are gorgeous!

Jena Roach said...

yay for Thanksgiving food and fun! :)

Lauren said...

Great pictures, so glad you had a fun Thanksgiving :-)

Allison said...

I'm glad you had a great trip and that you were able to feel some peace going "home." Cute picture of you and your sister. :)

love jenny xoxo said...

love the photos, looks like a happy Thanksgiving! Sorry to hear about your dad, that would be so hard, but I'm glad you had a good time.

I'm a new follower!

Love Jenny XOXO

dave and jenn said...

Your nieces and nephews are seriously so cute. I'm glad that the trip didn't end up being too stressful and that you were comforted being in your dad's home!

Joanna said...

your niece is so cute!

joanna-dan.blogspot.com

Vicky said...

Aww looks great! Wish we had Thanksgiving! xx

www.northernblush.blogspot.co.uk

Newlymeds said...

Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! Your blog is adorable!

Newlymeds said...

Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! Your blog is adorable!