Image Map

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Weekend Recap!

This weekend Derek and I went down to Athens to get our taxes done and visit his parents.  This is the first year that we had to pay taxes…yuck!  Definitely not as happy of a day that it usually is.  However, it was less than we were thinking, so that’s always good!

We had a great time and started off Saturday going to the local Shade winery.  This was the first time for Derek and I and we were seriously surprised on how packed this place was!

As you can see, it was a snowy evening!  Brrr…wish it warm up already!

DSC_1531e

DSC_1532e
Ribbet collagee


After getting the flight and tasting all 14 wine varieties, we left to go to Derek’s parents’ happy hour spot!  We thought since we were there having a drink, we might as well play a game of darts!  It was a ton of fun and ended up being a great game.  Not surprising, we lost to his parents.  They are stiff competition to just about every game we play with them!

DSC_1536e

DSC_1537e


We ended the night at Salaam’s, a very cool and eclectic restaurant in uptown Athens.  It serves a little bit of everything from the Middle East, India, Thailand, and the Mediterranean.
DSC_1539e


Hope you had a great weekend too!






post signature

19 comments:

Heather said...

That first picture is just beautiful with the falling snow ;)

XO
Pearls & Paws

Margaret said...

*sigh* Athens. I haven't been down there since my bachelorette party in August and am feeling antsy to get back! I've never been to Salaam but a friend worked there in college, and said it was great!

Unknown said...

Such gorgeous photos! It sounds like lovely weekend xo

Becky said...

The winery looks so pretty! I am taking a wine class during my last semester and I am loving it! I plan to make a few rounds to wineries over my spring break next week! Looks like a really fun weekend :)

Joanna said...

just looking at the picture of the winery with the snow makes my day! Looks like you have a great weekend... despite the taxes part.

Unknown said...

What a pretty wintery Athens weekend! Salaam's is great,and Shade Winery might even be prettier in winter than in the spring, but I have to ask, what is your in-law's happy hour spot?

Erin said...

Looks like a good time! I just visited my first winery last summer and had SO much fun! :)

Jen said...

When I saw your first picture, I thought you might be in Hocking Hills. It's so pretty though!! I haven't been down to Athens in forever, but we definitly might have to check out this winery. I love finding little places like that around Ohio. Hope you are having a great week!!

Katrin said...

Hmm, that restaurant sounds great! I love Indian food a lot!

Wendy Annabeth said...

So cute!! My family lives in OH, and I hear Athens is great :)

Allison said...

Looks like a fun weekend (minus the taxes part!)

Kait said...

OHHHH I love that snowy photo! Looks like so much fun :)

dave and jenn said...

I am tired of the winter weather too, but that place looks like the perfect spot to visit in the snow!

Faith said...

i love your pictures!

this sounds like such a fun time! i love that his parents beat you at games like that, haha.

boo to paying taxes. i always cross my fingers when we do ours, lol.

hope you're having a great week!

Lora said...

I'm sorry, I tried to follow your blog, but the the addition of your blog name right in the center of every picture is too much. It's distracting and completely annoying.

Courtney said...

This is the first year we had to pay taxes this year too and it SUCKED. We usually get a rebate and put it towards something fun but not this year! We need a kid desperately. =)

Anonymous said...

I like the house in the first picture. I'd want to move in to it.

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Looks like an awesome time. The house looks lovely! I hate paying taxes but the refunds are good when you get them!

Courtney B said...

I'm self employed so I know all about paying taxes... so not fun! But your weekend sounds like it was perfect! Love the pictures!