Image Map

Monday, February 17, 2014

Weekend Recap!

….Weekend Recap, say what?!  It’s been forever since I’ve done a weekend recap.  Yay, I’m excited that we have done something exciting enough to have a recap, ha!

Friday was Valentine’s Day and I spent it with Brutus and Charlie.  You see, Derek had this day off but decided it would be a great idea to pick up an extra shift at work.  Can you believe him?!  Ok, we didn’t have any plans, but still!  Luckily, it was a short shift and he got home at 9:15.  There was a little time to spend with him watching House of Cards.  Can we please talk about how freaking good this season is.

IMG_0053e

Anyway, we hung out with our heart pjs and worked on tummy time.  I can’t believe how strong this little lady is getting!

Saturday, we went to BeerFest!  We had this planned for an entire year.  Last year when we went, we had such a great time that we all planned on going back.  Everybody made it again this year and it did not disappoint!  AND not to mention it was the first night that Derek and I did not put Charlie to bed.  When Derek and I have been doing date night, we either do a really early one or a really late one after Charlie goes to bed.  Luckily it was such a crazy and hectic time to get out of the house on-time that I didn’t get a chance to freak out about leaving her.  Of course she was just fine without mom & dad.  And I have to say that we really enjoyed ourselves!

IMG_0063

 

IMG_0064

 

IMG_0076

 

I also had a little photo shoot with miss Charlotte this weekend.  The little blue dress pictured below is actually Derek’s dad’s.  He was photographed in it when he was a little baby and then Derek’s parents got a picture of Derek in it.  When we received the little dress from his parents we knew we wanted to keep the tradition.  I have to say that I’ve added the color blue to my “favorite-colors-on-Charlotte” list

IMG_0061e

We are loving all the smiles these days!

 

We also finalized our summer beach vacations this weekend!  Yay!!  We (and the grandparents) are going to Amelia Island.  Anybody vacation there?

 

Hope you had a great weekend.



20 comments:

Faith said...

Haha, to Derek picking up an extra shift on V day! Ahh, so excited for House of Cards! I'm trying to finish up a season of a show I'm watching now on Netflix and then I'm all in for Season 2! I can't wait since Season 1 ending had me on my toes!

Glad you had a great time! You look amazing.

And you are so right! Blue is Charlotte's color. She is such a cutie, just like her mama!

Jamie Hart said...

Charlie is so stinkin' cute! I just want to eat her up (or "borrow" her for awhile). I hope you guys have a safe trip!

Courtney said...

What a fun tradition to see generations in that dress. I love it!

Helene in Between said...

she is just so cute!! sounds like y'all had a great weekend! i want to go to a beet fest!

Anne said...

Yay, vacation! And beerfest sounds like fun - what a great night out for you two. (And our 1st Valentine's Day with baby was about exciting...baby bath time!)

Ashley said...

aww she is so cute!! and you two make one of the pretty/handsome couples i've ever seen! glad you had fun at beerfest :)

Allison said...

So glad you two had a great night out! And I love the tradition of that outfit. So sweet.

Lauren said...

The beer fest looked awesome and love the photo of Charlie in the blue dress how cute! We've been to Amelia Island a few times, love it and the beaches are great :-)

Angela said...

1- you look amazing!! 2-I am sure your father-in-law and husband were cute babies, but little Charlie is the cutest!

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

she's so adorable!! and the beerfest looks like fun, glad you got to enjoy it :)

Erin LFF said...

So glad you two got a fun night out! You look fabulous, Katie! :)

Sarah said...

Yayya beer fest!! So great to see you guys!

Ericka said...

First, Charlie is so adorable! Love her big smile in the last pic :) And second, you look amazing!

Kait said...

I love those pretzel necklaces!! It looks like you had such a great weekend :)

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

I love reading weekly/weekend updates on blogs :)

Men and their work, my husband is on paternity leave but he is considering going back to work early. House of Card is on my to watch netflix show, in fact i'm going to put everything else on hold and catch up with s1.

I love the hand me down blue dress, such a nice tradition to kept it going :)

Unknown said...

I need to get in the loop and finally watch House of Cards! You guys are so cute. What a fun night!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

yahhhh for awesome low key vdays...those are the best. and yes get that money honey!! Charley is just adorable!!

Kristen said...

Charlie is getting more and more gorgeous! :)

And you my dear look AWESOME.

Jen said...

Glad you were able to get out and have a little fun at beerfest. Rick went to the one in Columbus this year and had a lot of fun. I am loving that little dress on Charlie. So cute, and what a wonderful tradition. I love Amelia Island! My Aunt and Uncle lived there for many years, so we spent many summers there visiting them. You will have an amazing time!!

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

Aww what a cute little bug in a rug. The beer fest looks too much- we have a lot of those here. Never been to Amelia Island but can't wait to hear about it. :)