Image Map

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

{Nashville} First Weekend Getaway

Derek and I had a little getaway this weekend with Sarah and her husband, and our friends Emily and Nick.  This trip has been planned forever (it feels like)!!  I’m so happy we were able to find a weekend that worked for everybody.  Nashville is our favorite city and we could not wait to be there with our friends!

We had such a great time listening to live music and finding some great places to eat.  We were even able to go to some new places….like The Bluebird Cafe!!  We were so incredibly excited when Derek pulled off what felt the impossible of getting 6 tickets to The Bluebird for Friday night.

bluebird

I’m so glad to say that we’ve been there and can really appreciate all the history and talent that has been through this place.  However, I’m not sure if we would go back.  I thoroughly enjoy listening to music that I can sing along to.  This got a little long for us and consisted mostly of original songs.  BUT, like I said, I’m so glad we went.  I was amazed with how small it was!

thepharmacy
We also went to The Pharmacy Friday night.  I had heard about this place the last time we were there (and after Miss Nancy J confirmed we should definitely check it out) and thought it was kinda cute to take Derek there.  Oh myyyyyyy goodness.  Best burger ever!  Mine had black beans and guacamole.  Yes, it was as good as it sounds.  We all pretty much woke up the next morning talking and thinking about those burgers, yum!


IMG_0494

Saturday morning we got up and had brunch at the cutest little place ever.  While the mimosas were delicious, we all agreed the food was good, but not great.

As you can imagine, Saturday was spent on Broadway listening to music and enjoying day drinking.  We managed to end up in a cigar bar.  To say Derek was happy as a clam would be an understatement!


IMG_0500
Saturday evening we had dinner at The Southern.  Our food was so so SO delicious!  I tried grits for the first time (I know, how have I managed to go through life without ever trying!) and I have to say I was a fan.


I absolutely love how we can do the same thing (listen to live music all day every day) every single time in Nashville and still have the best time ever…..AND still try new things like their fantastic food scene.  This time was even better experiencing everything with our friends.

Now, Charlie was home with both of her grandparents.  As you can imagine, she was spoiled rotten the whole weekend.  Thus, Derek and I were able to enjoy ourselves and not worry at all about how she was doing.  HOWEVER, we were missing her like crazy the whole time.  I face-timed at least once every day so I could see that cute little face.  We could not wait to get back to our little girl.  A huge thank you to my Mom and Derek’s parents for watching her.  Derek and I loved our weekend getaway and appreciated the time we got to spend together!


We love you Nashville and will definitely be back for you soon.


22 comments:

Kayla MKOY said...

I think I say it every comment I leave, but you seriously had a child??! You look SO great! Go you!! :)

I'm glad you guys all got to get out for the weekend, I'm sure you missed your little one like crazy but at least she was in great hands w/ the grandparents :)

Kristen said...

Sounds like a great trip! I love Nashville! We actually plan on making our way through there in October. :)

Courtney said...

I have never been to Nashville but all of your stories and pictures make me want to visit someday! I'm glad that you and Derek are still taking the time out for you guys as a couple, I hope we are able to do the same someday!

Sarah said...

Whoooo! Seriously. Still thinking about the burgers.

Erin LFF said...

So glad you guys were able to plan a fun weekend getaway with friends! We LOVE Nashville and now I added new things to my list for whenever we go next... I'm also craving a burger now ;)

Erin @ Happily Obsessed said...

Soo fun!!! We have been thinking about a weekend away but I tear up just thinking about leaving Mav! ha!

Mr. and Mrs. G! said...

My sisters and I have been talking about going to Nashville, now I really want to go.
I'm a fan of the television show so The Bluebird Cafe is a must if I am able to go!
Looks like a wonderful weekend getaway!

Anne said...

Soooo glad you had a fun weekend (all that food sounds ah-mazing) and that it went so well with the grandparents! Inspiring me to plan something...

And I hope you didn't have to get up early ;-)

Ericka said...

So awesome that you and Derek got to have a weekend get away to Nashville. I went there for the first time last fall and loved it!

Unknown said...

This looks SO fun! I've always wanted to visit Nashville. And the Bluebird Cafe- how cool!

Hair, Love And Lipgloss said...

I'd love to visit Nashville! Looks like you had a great trip!

Faith said...

Can you be anymore beautiful!?! Goodness you are gorgeous!

Looks like such a fun time! I want to go to Nashville badly. I actually never wanted to until blog land. That's what blog land does ... let you know all the things you're missing out on ;).

Glad you had a great time!

Allison said...

Aw, I'm so glad you had a great little getaway! I've been to the Blue Bird Cafe as well!

Angie said...

Such a fun trip :)

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

This makes me really want to take a trip up to Nashville! It's not too far from Atlanta, but it would still make a nice weekend trip. It looks like you had so much fun!

ALLIE NYC said...

Oh you guys looked like you had such a good time! I have a friend from Nashville and I have always wanted to visit. Maybe one of these days.

Allie of ALLIE NYC
allienyc.com

Jennifer Prod said...

my husband and i are planning a trip to nashville- will definitely have to check out some of these spots :)

Kelli Gilbert said...

that sounds like SO much fun! I've never been to nashville--now I really want to go! your blog is too cute! xoxo

Jamie said...

What a fun trip!

Pegster said...

How awesome that you got to go on a getaway without the baby. Looks like you had loads of fun.

PS - you look amazing by the way

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

Love all your fun pictures and hello, you look so pretty! Glad you could have a getaway where you weren't worrying TOO much about your little lady! :)

Mrs. Pancakes said...

One place i want to visit soon..glad you had the opportunity to get away and enjoy yourselves!! looks like a great time was had by all!