Image Map

Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekend Recap

Whew, we had a super busy weekend!  Last minute, Derek went to the Reds game with a bunch of the guys from the neighborhood.  That left all of us girls to order pizza, drink some adult beverages, and hang out.  Well this little hang out turned into 2:30 AM in the morning!  Did I mention that we had Charlotte’s 6-month photos at 8:00am the next morning?!

The pictures ended up being rescheduled due to the crappy weather.  Thank goodness because I’m sure we would have looked like death in any of the family pictures.  Not Charlie of course; she would have looked adorable in all pictures ;)  I’m so excited to get these done!

Saturday night, Derek and I had tickets to UFC fight night.  If you did not know this about us already, Derek and I are really big fans of the UFC.  Most of our favorite date nights in college and the first few years of marriage is going belly-up at BWW’s and watching UFC fights.  When we lived at our apartment, we went so often that the bartender (Jason) knew us, would save seats for us, and keep the bud lights coming all night without any requests.  Derek and I loved those nights (especially because the BWW’s was right across the street from our apartment) and think back on those memories all the time.  Anyway, it is on our bucket list to go to Vegas and see a PPV fight.  Well, a smaller “fight night” came to Cincinnati this weekend, and while we didn’t know all the fighters, it was still an experience!  It was a little intense at first between the crowd and seeing MMA fighting in real life.  But by the end of the night, we were yelling with the rest of them.  We had a great time!

Sunday was of course my first Mother’s Day!  Derek had made the weekend so special for me.  My mom came down and we went to a late lunch at Heritage Tastings.  The menu was inspired by Downton Abbey and was a fixed 5 course meal with unlimited tea.  First, I love hot tea!  Second, it was at this adorable little cottage and family owned/operated.  We were so impressed by the whole experience.  Our reservations were right in the middle of Charlie’s regular nap time; however, she was so excited by the new atmosphere, girlfriend stayed up the whole time!  We were a little nervous, but she was great the entire 2 hours (whew, thank goodness)!

Now on to some actual photos…

DSC_2229e
Unfortunately, this was our only family picture of the day that was not blurry.  We really need to work on getting more family pictures!


IMG_1375e
My mom finally captured a photo of Charlie smiling while I’m not behind the camera, yay!


Ribbet collage


IMG_0271
At lunch…you can see all the cute little teapots in the back!  Such a fun experience.


This weekend was busy busy busy, but sure was a memorable one!


Hope you had a great Mother’s Day and weekend

17 comments:

brittany @ g squared said...

Cannot believe you were there that late lol!!! I'm ready to rejoin the fun. Soon enough :)

Jenna said...

Awe, Happy first Mothers Day!!! Looks like you all had a great time celebrating :) Also, how cute is Charlie with her matching headband?!

Xo, Jenna

Becky said...

Aww that picture of you and Charlie is so great! I'm glad you had a wonderful first Mother's Day :) Peter and his friends are into UFC too but it's hard for me to watch them get all bloody!

Sarah said...

Girlfriend is rocking that headband and I love it!

Mr. and Mrs. G! said...

Happy Mothers Day! Looks like you had a great weekend. Charlie is so cute!

Jordon said...

Can I just say that I love that y'all love MMA fighting? We watch boxing PPV fights and I swear all of my friends think I am so trashy for it hahaha. It's my weakness

Kayla MKOY said...

Caleb and I love UFC, too! My dad was so bummed that the ONE time a fight was here in town, it was his wedding day! Lol! I swear girl, you have some toned arms! I never would've thought you had a baby!

Ericka said...

Love that super cute headband Charlie is wearing! Of course, anything looks cute on her :) I can't decide who she looks more like...you or Derek!

Erin @ Happily Obsessed said...

So glad you had a great first Mother's Day!! I don't know about you but it still seemed sureal that I was celebrating being a Mom myself this year!

Ohhh...family pics, yay!!

Erin LFF said...

Happy first mother's day to you! I'm so glad it was so special :) Love that pic of you and lil Charlie smiling!!!

Faith said...

Glad you had a great first Mother's Day!

And I never would have guessed you were into those fights. Sean loves them and I seriously watch with my eyes closed half the time. I can't imagine watching in real life, lol.

The Lucky Lifestyle said...

Love, love that picture of you with your sweet girl! Perfect first Mother's Day memory. :)

Kristina said...

New follower here. Happy 1st Mother's Day. Looks like it was a wonderful day.

Anne said...

Aw, such a sweet first mother's day - I love this Downton Abbey theme idea! And it looks like a beautiful place. We'll have to check it out. We just got back the results of our 6-month photo shoot and I'm so excited - can't wait to hear how yours turn out! I was inspired by your newborn shoot to have some of ours taken around the house, and I'm so happy we did. It's fun to have some (prettified) record of our daily life with baby.

Kelli Gilbert said...

happy first mothers day to you! you look incredible! and your family is the cutest!

Kelli Gilbert said...

happy first mothers day to you! you look incredible! and your family is the cutest!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Happy belated mother's day...im glad Charlotte made it an extra special one!!