Image Map

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe!!

THANK YOU for all the questions!  Haha, I can't wait to answer all of them on Friday....I'll have to think about a few because you guys ask some challenging questions!

As I said yesterday, we made a lot of new recipes over the long weekend.  Not only did I have time to go to the grocery store...but I even had time to cook the food!!   =)  I wanted to share a super great recipe for football tailgating, potluck, side dish, or even as dinner (like we did!).  I got the awesome recipe from Foodgawker!

If you are like me, you like anything buffalo flavored!!  This recipe is perfect because the sauce is not heavy but rather is a buffalo vinaigrette! Ok ok ok, I'll quite typing and provide the recipe...




Ingredients
  • 8 ounces uncooked pasta (such as mezze penne)
  • 1/2 cup Frank’s hot sauce
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
  • 2 cups precooked chicken, chopped
  • 1 1/2 cups crumbled blue cheese
  • 1 cup carrots, chopped
  • 1 cup celery, chopped
Instructions
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente. Drain and rinse thoroughly with cold water.
  2. Meanwhile, whisk together hot sauce, oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, and celery salt in small bowl until well combined.
  3. Place pasta in large mixing bowl. Stir in chicken, blue cheese, carrots, and celery. Slowly mix in dressing until desired amount.
  4. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Hope you enjoy!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Raven said...

OMG you had me at buffalo chicken pasta salad recipe. seriously, my mouth is watering already. I better go make that before I eat the computer screen, that looks so delish.

Lauren said...

Yum that looks so delicious, must try it :-)

Katie said...

yum!!! my hubby would probably love his!

Janna Renee said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and I'm "married with a pup" too! All the blogs of people with children are perfectly lovely, but it's nice to see blogs that are on the same page as we are! Needless to say- I'm excited! Plus this recipe seems YUM! Although, I'm not a blue cheese fan, so I think I might sub Feta...I love me some Feta ;)

Ashley said...

YUM that looks so delish! I must make this!

Ashley said...

Confession: i cooked my first meal EVER by myself in my adult life. and it was HARD work...but i kind of liked it! and i think i might try it again...and i just might have to try this delicious recipe!

The Presutti's said...

This recipe looks so delicious! I will trying this soon! New follower! I love your blog! You two make an adorable couple!!!