Image Map

Monday, September 5, 2011

Weekend Recap!

Happy Labor Day everybody!  Hope you had the chance to enjoy a nice & long weekend!  First, before I get into the recap- I must say I’m overwhelmed by the questions I received on Friday (*insert sarcasm…..crickets’ chirp chirp)…..either I provide WAY to much information and there is nothin’ left to ask or I’m not that interesting of a person……Haha, but on Friday I’ll answer Miss C Mae's question (which is a great/challenging question by the way) and if any of you come up with anything, you can go here!


So back to the long weekend…It was seriously much needed for us and we put our free time to good use.   We relaxed a lot, made some new recipes, and did house-stuff!  Yes- perfect, I know!


Saturday- Watched the Ohio State game!  As mentioned a thousand times before a couple of times previously, we were very excited for college football to begin.  It provides so much excitement for Saturdays!
Of course Brutus got in on the action!  He is their mascot, duh!  Look at the chest hair popping out of that jersey =)


Sunday- Painted some more…Want to see the final result?!?  (Nothing to exciting or anything; just the same color we are painting throughout the house). Well first let me remind you of the horrible flat-construction-white-paint that was there previously….



Monday- It is soooo nice and cool here due to the storms moving through.  In fact, I even put on a sweatshirt!  I know, carazy!  It was such a great feeling that fall is coming soon! 

I thought since I’m showing off the house, I will update you on the rugs I bought for our kitchen area…
I got these really cool “verticals” for our eat-in-kitchen area.  They are bamboo and we absolutely LOVE them!  We never close our blinds in this house, but if some reason we wanted too, they still let light inside.  The kitchen rugs that we got from ballard desgins is similar in texture, so we think it coordinates pretty well!

Hope you had a great weekend!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Courtney said...

I love the paint color, very warm and inviting! And I thought of a couple questions for you so I'm on my way to post them now :)

Kristen said...

Love the verticals, I'm going to have to remember those! :)

And Brutus in that uniform is adorable!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Awww, how adorable is Brutus!!

And I love the paint, it's a great neutral that you'll be able to do a lot with!!

I only got a handful of questions on my Ask Anything post last week too. :( Guess we share to much alread! LOL Here's 2 for ya:

What's your dream vacation?

If you could do ANY job, what would it be?

Jax said...

I'm in lurve with your house! digging the verticals and the rugs! Brutus is too cute. I put Gracie dog in a TU shirt this weekend! ha! So excited college football is back and the weather has turned a tinge cooler... I'm currently sitting in sweatpants on the sofa and loving it! Sounds like a great, chillax weekend, girl!

Fash Boulevard said...

sounds amazing and super relaxing. loved this. great post, love. Would love if you'd check out my tribute to Rachel Zoe in honor of tonight's premier. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

erica said...

Your pup is so cute and your house is looking absolutely gorgeous!

xo

Anonymous said...

Your dog is so cute & love all your house updates! I wish I could comment more but I can only comment on the pop out comment boxes bc of all that hacking of blogger that went on earlier this year :-( -Lauren(moderndaywife)