Image Map

Sunday, September 25, 2011

I Actually Tried One!

I’m not sure if you are like me, but I’ve got so many of Pinterest’s DIY pins that I swear I’ll get to one day…..WELL, I gave it my first shot! 

I thought this polka-dotted pumpkin looked adorable…and my OSU pumpkin needed a friend!





1. Buy an artificial pumpkin (mine via Hobby Lobby)
2. Put stickers everywhere (buy the size you like!)
3. Spray paint pumpkin black
4. Pull of stickers and voila!  Well, that’s what Pinterest said…but the spray paint crept under the sticks…ugh, I was so annoyed.  So I trecked myself to Michaels and picked up some acrylic paint and gave it my best shot.  It turned out pretty good actually!


Of course I wanted to get a shot of the two pumpkins right?!?  Well OF COURSE Brutie Man wanted in on this photo shoot (like always)…



I thought he would move….but then he laid down so I knew he was there for the long haul



So, I gave in and photographed his cuteness



When he wasn’t looking later, I snuck in this picture =)



We’ve been so busy with getting ready for our big partay/house-reveal this weekend that I haven’t had much time to blog….I’ll try to post sometime this week on what we’ve been up to!

Hope you had a great weekend!
Photobucket

18 comments:

Courtney said...

It looks amazing!!! Great job!

C Mae said...

I love these!!!!!!!!! How did you do the OSU one?!?! What a great Idea!!!

Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights said...

Love the pumpkins! Love your little puppy... He's such a camera fiend :)

Hope you had a good weekend!! Xoxo

Emily said...

That Ohio State pumpkin is awesome, I need one like that!

The polka dot one turned out so cute! I might need to try that myself :)

Jax said...

So cute! I love this! Way to go, friend!

Brunette & Blessed said...

ohh...i love this! turned out really great!

Brittany said...

That pumpkin is too cute! I want to try this :)

asj said...

so fun, great job - I love it! Brutus is too cute (as always) :)

Lauren said...

What a cute idea, must try this :-)

erica said...

Your pumpkin turned out great! I did one like that over the weekend.

xo

Ashley said...

sooo cute!!! love it!

Ashley said...

i thought about painting pumpkins this year...love them!

Mary and Dyer said...

These pumpkins look awesome!! You did such a great job, I love them!! xox

Come Visit Soon!
Blessings,
Kat
www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com

Mrs. Pancakes said...

The pumpkins look awesome and kudos to finishing a DIY!

Sara said...

Wow great idea, I love the result, I have to tray this asap, you made this DIY to perfection! You have a lovely blog and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!

Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

dave and jenn said...

It turned out so cute! And Mr. Brutus is a great addition to the photos. :)

Lindsay said...

I just came across your blog. I love it :) where did you get the Ohio State pumpkin, we are fans but live in LA we will be in Ohio net week :)

Kristin said...

they both look so great!