Image Map

Monday, October 3, 2011

I'm Baaack!

Well I am finally back!  Our housewarming party went sooo good, but man, it was a job to prepare for that sucker!  Between decorating, cleaning, shopping, cooking, and putting the final touches on everything, I think I wore myself out!  Unfortunately, I was sick leading up to the party and then completely lost my voice the day-of.....BUT it was still a success!  A special shout-out to my mom who came on Saturday morning to help before everybody came over!

It was super fantastic seeing all of our good friends!  Everybody was so generous and brought such great gifts...even some for Brutus!  Our friends, Emily and Nick, brought us a frozen Giordano's pizza from Chicago and we are SERIOUSLY so excited to devour it tonight!  Thanks so much everybody!

So, I'm going to quit chatting up the storm and just come out and say it...I DIDN'T TAKE ANY PHOTOS!  I know, can you believe it?!?  I just really didn't feel that well; so I'm going to make up for it by posting pictures of the house!  WAIT, there was one photo from the day of the party....


 

....the keg!  LOL, sorry but like I said I'm going to totally overwhelm you with house crap details!


So, one of my projects before the party was to clean out our garage.  Now if you look at the photo below, it's really not that bad, I know.  But everything was just so cluttered and didn't have a spot.  So, I changed that of course!


 Ahh, much better!



So, during the whirlwind of moving, I won a free e-design package from Julia's blog with the lovely Michaela!!  I knew right away I wanted to do our entry way because it is less than fantastic!  Michaela was sooooo wonderful to work with and honestly, it was the easiest thing ever!  We loved her first inspiration board she sent over!  We certainly are not finished yet, but we did get something together for the party.  Here is the inspiration board:





I think it looks better already!  We love the idea of painting the door black.....but we are good with not doing any house projects for a while!  It will be the next project!

 


Ok- another before and after for you gals!  So, I picked up this mirror from Home Goods and I wanted to give it a little white wash to go with everything in our family room.  I started doing the project, and thought "crap, I need to take a "before" picture for the ladies on the blog-land."  So while I have already started white-washing in this photo, I tried right?!?


So the photos really don't show a HUGE difference; but, the mirror picks up so much more white in our family room.  I promise! 

 


Wait wait wait wait, what's that?  You said you would like to see it?  Ok, ok.  And, I am super excited to show off those rustic pieces I found also at Home Goods!






Well, if you made it to the end of this post- you deserve a medal.  Hope you had a wonderful weekend and I'm excited to catch up on all of your blogs!


Photobucket

19 comments:

Mary and Dyer said...

Your house is sooo cozy I love it!! Your entryway looks beautiful & I love those shutters next to your fireplace! So my style!! Glad that you are getting settled & you had a great party!! xox

Come check out my giveaway for a Missoni for Target hat!
Blessings,
Kat
www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

you have an amazing house! i'd so be all over your housewwarming party! ;)

and a design package from michaela is quite the prize! love your entryway!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

oh i am so in love with your home and decor! it looks lovely!

Sean Marie said...

Look like you did a fantastic job decorating! Sorry you were sick, hope you're feeling better. :)

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Your house is beautiful! I love the little buffet piece in the entry way! We need something like in a bad way....right now the table as become our mail, junk, etc dropping point. By Friday I usually can't even see it, let alone think about eating at it. Drive me bonkers!!

Jax said...

Hooray on the housewarming! Love the photo of the keg.. hah.. :) Glad everything went well! And um.. your entryway=adorable! That mirror is too cute, too! You have been BUSY, girl! Goodness!

Sarah @ 90 Percent Blonde... said...

The keg is an important part of any party!

I love your house and its decor. Everything is so cute!

Thank you for stopping by my blog (and wishing my momma a happy birthday)! I've been following you for a while and I just adore your blog! And Brutus... oh my goodness he's adorable!

Brittany said...

I love your house! All the decorations are too cute! :)

Kristen said...

Love the entryway! And those window/door things beside the fireplace are lovely! Great job at the decorating! :)

Lauren said...

We always have a keg too haha! Love your home,all your decor looks awesome and so beautiful! Love that mirror you made, how perfect :-)

asj said...

love the entryway - your house is beautiful! (and so is the keg) ;)

the girl in the red shoes said...

I love all of your updates! The mirror is so pretty and the entryway looks gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Wow your house looks so nice! I love the mirror.

Natalie and Lee said...

Girl, your house is looking great! LOVE the old windows on each side of the fireplace! Such a wonderful idea! The entry way looks amazing as well!! :)

Emily said...

Had a great time - Hope the pizza was yummy!!!

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

oh girlfraaaan....the place is looking soooo great and fabulous. i love the photos!!

Erin said...

Love the entryway - please tell where you got that black table!!! LOVE IT!!

Michaela said...

Oh girl!! It's lovely (: Looking so great. The pendant in the entry is perfection!! xo

dave and jenn said...

Wow! Everything looks amazing! I bet it feels good to be finishing things little by little. We've been in our house for over three years, and we are still doing home improvement projects! I guess that just comes with the territory when you're the first person to live in a house....