Image Map

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

to be honest...

Is it just me, or is it SO much easier to write about happy things?  I have been wanting to write this post FOREVER now, but every time I've tried...I just press delete.

All of you are so inspiring with how honest you are with everything that is going on in your life, good or bad, and I'm going to step up to the plate. 

So thank you!

On September 22, my dad had a complete and total bone marrow transplant.  Everything has happened so fast.

For over a year, he has been dealing with MDS (myelodysplatic syndrome).  Between chemo and blood transfusions, my dad has pushed through it!  Continuing to work and even making a trip down to our new house to help put up our chair rail and everything else!

Finally, his body just stopped responding to the chemotherapy.

Luckily, there was a match on the donor list and so everything happened from there.

It has been over a week since the transplant and I can't even begin to imagine what he is going through.

He truly is the toughest guy in the world, and as he has always said, "when the going gets tough, the tough get going!"

I just wanted to be honest with all of you of what is going on in my life.  But most importantly, if you have a second, feel free to send any thoughts or prayers my family's way.


Photobucket

23 comments:

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I learned a long time ago that the blogosphere is an amazing place full of supportive people! Never feel afraid to share with us the ups AND downs. It feels better to put it out there, promise. :)

So sorry to hear your dad is going through a rough patch. Your family will be in my prayers for sure!

Sarah @ 90 Percent Blonde... said...

I am so sorry to hear about this. You will be in our prayers!

And know that your followers are here for you... if we didn't care, we wouldn't be here :-)

Sarah

C Mae said...

I'd say you are normal for wanting to share your feelings about this...Stay strong and always be positive. No matter what. Hugs!

Crispin said...

Girl,
You are in my thoughts and prayers. And believe me, BLOG IT OUT!!!! It really does help, I promise.

Thinking of you!

Gina said...

Sorry to hear this. Sounds like your Dad is a tough guy and will be just fine with your support. Thoughts and prayers to your family

Sean Marie said...

Glad you're letting it out! Hope your dad is doing well. :)

Lauren said...

Many prayers coming your way :-)

Kristen said...

All of our lives are filled with ups and downs but it's natural to only want to take about the good. Thanks for sharing and I'll be sending prayers your way!

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry about this. Hope everything is going better.

Raven said...

prayers coming now!!!!

Brittany said...

I will pray for your dad and your family! :)

Steph said...

You and your dad are in my thoughts and prayers. My dad is currently in remission, so I know how scary it is when someone that is SO important in your life is suffering. Know that you aren't alone and to keep your head up! Sending positive vibes your family's way!

Brunette & Blessed said...

I will be praying for your dad!

agalandherdog said...

I'm so sorry that you guys are dealing with this right now. I work for a cancer research hospital, so I write about these kinds of things every day and know how tough it can be on a family. You and your father are in my prayers.

the girl in the red shoes said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad...I will keep him and your family in my prayers. It is always hard to open up about personal matters on your blog, but in the end it helps you to get it all out there and also helps you feel the love and care from your readers. xoxo

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

praying for you darlin!!!!

Erin said...

Praying for you and your family!

Natalie and Lee said...

Prayers from Alabama coming your way! :)

Jax said...

Ohmygoodness, friend I am so sorry your family is going through this. I'm sending hugs, thoughts, love and many prayers. It's definitely easier to blog about happy things, but I've found that my faith in the blogging community has been solidified in those times when I blog about something that's really not so happy. Even across the interwebs, we're here for each other. And across the interwebs, I'm here for you, friend.

Ashley said...

praying for you and your sweet dad friend! :)

Ashley said...

keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong!

dave and jenn said...

I will definitely keep your dad and family in my prayers! My dad had leukemia when I was in high school, so I know how difficult it is to watch a parent go through that. What a praise that they found a donor for him! I hope things continue to improve for him.

Kristin said...

Your dad will be in my prayers!! How is he doing now?