Image Map

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

White Sangria Recipe

First- A BIG thank you to all of you!  Seriously, you all are the best and your sweet comments really made my day!

Now, onto something that can make EVERYBODY feel a bit better.....Sangria =)



Although I was a slacker and did not take any pictures at the housewarming party to document, in addition to the keg, I also made white sangria.  It was seriously a hit and was sooo delicious!  I used Gina's recipe from "Down Home with the Neely's", who I love!

Ingredients

  • 1 magnum bottle Sauvignon Blanc, chilled
  • 2/3 cup peach schnapps
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 to 2 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
  • 1 orange, sliced, plus slices, for garnish
  • 1 lemon, sliced
  • Ice cubes
  • Club soda

Directions

Add all the ingredients to a large pitcher. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours for the flavors to meld.
*Cook's Note: You may serve immediately, but like any sangria, the longer it sits the more the fruit and juices can absorb the flavor.
Add ice to wine glasses and add the sangria. Top with a splash of club soda and garnish with an orange slice



*We did not use the club soda because it was perfect without it!

Enjoy!
Photobucket

10 comments:

Mary and Dyer said...

omg yum!!! that looks sooo delish! Def going to try this one weekend coming up! Thanks for sharing, xox.

Gina said...

Yum! Sangria is my favorite!!

Lauren said...

This looks so delicious I love sangria! Might have to try making this for my Scentsy party next weekend :-)

Jax said...

Yummmo!!!!

Katie said...

I just made a honeycrisp apple sangria last wknd. so good! sangria is the best :)

Ashley said...

i seriously LOVE sangria! mmmmmmmmmmmm

Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights said...

I LOVE WHITE SANGRIA!!! It looks so delicious!!!!! YUMMO! I can't wait to get this recipe!

Also, I have been super slacking and am just getting back to blogging after awhile... I'm so sorry to hear about your dad! I hope that he is doing much much better and am definitely sending prayers your and your family's way!

XOXO, Stephanie

dave and jenn said...

Yum, that sounds delicious!

Kristin said...

looks delish! wil have to make that!

Mrs. Monica said...

I loved it. I will be keeping this one in my recipe stash.