Image Map

Monday, December 12, 2011

White Christmas Tree Tutorial


Ta-da!!!  I was so excited to show you how the white Christmas trees came out!  They are so chic and look great just about anywhere!  Hope you enjoy the tutorial and please let me know if you have any questions!


1.  Here’s what you’ll need to begin:
  • 3 styrofoam Christmas trees of differing sizes.  You can find these at a local craft store in the floral department
  • 3 candlesticks
  • Hot glue gun and glue sticks
  • Gorilla glue (needed in all craft projects!)
  • Silver Glitter
  • White acrylic paint
  • Yarn
  • Trim for bottom of one christmas tree
  • White tissue paper 

    2. Begin wrapping one of the trees’ bottom with the trim.  I used the biggest tree for the yarn/trim combo.  Using the hot glue, begin wrapping the yarn around the tree.  Because I couldn’t find very thick yarn, I wrapped the tree twice.



    3. Cut white tissue paper in small squares (roughly 1x1).  Using the method you learned back in grade school, put one of the squares around a pencil eraser, put a dot of hot glue on the tree, and stick that baby on there!  I thought this one would take a long time, but it really moved pretty fast once I got started.



    4. Using the last christmas tree, paint on white acrylic paint.  As the paint is drying, sprinkle the glitter over the tree.  Hope you are more successful that I at not getting the glitter ALL over your house :-)


    5.  Using the gorilla glue, adhere the trees to the candlesticks.  AND you’re done!


    As I mentioned before, these little babies would look good just about anywhere.  I have put them on my mantel….what do you think?

     

    Photobucket

    26 comments:

    Michelle said...

    I love them! I bought cones the other day.

    Lauren said...

    How fun, I love those! :-)

    henning love said...

    you are so cute!! what a great project and i love the variety of materials you used to decorate each tree. need to re-create this soon!

    Faith said...

    omg, seriously?! you are SO talented! absolutely love it!!! i have to do this next year {don't have time to do it now!} but def. on my list next year!

    your house looks amazing!

    alicia said...

    how cute! you are so talented.

    Courtney said...

    You did SO good!!! They look great!

    Mrs. H said...

    Those came out so cute!! I am so going to miss having a tree this year. Since we'll be in Italy we decided not to decorate or put a tree up.

    P.S. I made the Roquefort Pear Walnut Salad over the weekend....delish! Hubs and I enjoyed it very much!

    Sara Szatmary said...

    what a fun project!! We can't have a tree because our place is too small, but these just may do the trick! Thanks for sharing!

    Katie said...

    so cute! I've seen similar before and thought they would be so cute to make...and easy :) perfect!

    Emily said...

    So cute! I love the mirror over your mantel, too!

    Carlie said...

    Those go perfect there! I love your fireplace!

    Leah @ Everyday Love said...

    Love how those came out!!

    Mrs. Pancakes said...

    Oh wow...you are very crafty!!

    Ashley said...

    if i could, i would have an all-white house! i LOVE white. these are awesome, awesome, awesome!!

    Jane {In The Pink & Green} said...

    Those are so gorgeous, I love how they came out! :)

    Ashley said...

    These turned out great! Perfect fireplace additions!

    Elle Sees said...

    i wanna try the tissue method but with circles! If you'd like to win 5 shirts from Stylemint, please enter my giveaway!

    Anonymous said...

    Those look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow. I need to make them! Beautiful!

    -Meagan

    Arr said...

    These are absolutely beautiful. This is perfect for someone who love elegance but doesn't want to have a large decorated set.

    dave and jenn said...

    So cute!

    Natalie and Lee said...

    These are absolutely beautiful! I must try these ASAP!!

    My Life as Whitney said...

    LOVE these! They turned out so great!!! I made them in a different color a few years ago and they still look fantastic. Love it!

    Jax said...

    Ohmy! These turned out so great! I want to do it!!!!

    Jamie said...

    Those came out so cute!

    Anonymous said...

    These are awesome! I wanna make them!

    Ashley said...

    wow!!! looks amazing!