Image Map

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pear, Walnut, Blue Cheese, & Avocado Salad Recipe!

I know it’s a mouth full, but this salad is seriously amazing!!!  So, so, so good!  I made it this weekend when my mom and step-dad came down for dinner.  Definitely will be making this again soon!  Hope you enjoy!


Recipe found from here

Roquefort Pear Salad

Ingredients
  • 1 head leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
  • 3 pears - peeled, cored and chopped
  • 5 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
  • 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
  • 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup pecans
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • fresh ground black pepper to taste
Directions
  1. In a skillet over medium heat, stir 1/4 cup of sugar together with the pecans. Continue stirring gently until sugar has melted and caramelized the pecans. Carefully transfer nuts onto waxed paper. Allow to cool, and break into pieces.
  2. For the dressing, blend oil, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, mustard, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper.
  3. In a large serving bowl, layer lettuce, pears, blue cheese, avocado, and green onions. Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with pecans, and serve.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Sara Cate said...

All my favorite ingredients in one! Yes!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure about the bleu cheese but everything else sounds really good. I love avocado, so I'd love to see how it tastes in a salad!

And I'm not sure if I've told you this before but I LOVE your wedding dress. It's so beautiful!

Lauren

http://www.laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

Yay!!! I cant wait to try :-)

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, this sounds amazing!!!! YUM! I love finding new salad recipes!!

Katie's Kollections said...

Sounds yummy! I'll have to try this one. I love pear and avacado!

Mrs. H said...

I just wrote down the recipe. Heading to do our grocery shopping definitely going to pick up the things I need to make this!

ms.composure said...

oooo that pear salad looks AMAZING! def gonna have to try to make this!

http://infinitelifefintess.com

http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Janna Renee said...

I can't do Bleu cheese, but I do salads like this with Feta. I haven't tried pear yet, but that sounds YUM!
I also wanted to inform you of a lil' giveaway I'm doing, in case you would be interested...and by that I mean- Please enter my giveaway because it's my first!