Image Map

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Overdue Time with Family

The one positive thing that came out of the trip to South Dakota was the time spent with family.  It has been seriously FOREVER since all of us 4 kids spent some serious time together.  For most of the week, all of us spent the days together.  Being with family definitely helped me so much.

Family was not the only thing around all the time….our family’s good friends: beer,wine, liquor (etc) was always around =)  My Dad used to be a big whiskey drinker, so his famously strong drink was made for any takers. 

A lot of toasts in honor of my father were given and many stories were told in remembrance.  Overall, being surrounded by my family and sharing memories was just what I needed!

I have, pretty much, a picture overload for you.

All four siblings: Krista, Cadet, Katie, and Carson

My Dad’s two sisters and two cousins


Derek (the best supportive husband in the world!) and I


Us three ladies posing (see all of our “guests” sitting all over on the counter!)


My sister-in-law, Lissa, and my three pretty little nieces: Ashley, Kennedy, and London


My brothers and I


My beautiful sister, Krista, and my favorite brother-in-law, Darren.  I know, my sister and I wanted to make our family confused by marrying a Darren and a Derek =)


And lastly, look at these two adorable munchkins: Ashley and Jake
 
Photobucket

10 comments:

Cat Simmonds said...

Family time is the best time!

JJ said...

Great photos! Your outfit is uber cute!

Brittany said...

I sometimes take family for granted, I think everyone does for the most part. I think everyone should try to spend more time with their family! :)

Lauren said...

I love spending time with family,there really is nothing like it :-)

Erin said...

Great pictures :) Cool that you have lots of sib's and in-laws that you are close with. Family time is always the best!

Ps- Love Derek's Bengals shirt!!!

Faith said...

i love your pictures ... you can really see the love you and your family have for each other. glad that you were able to enjoy each other during a hard time.

and seriously you and Derek are the freaking cutest!!!

dave and jenn said...

You have such a sweet family! So glad they were the support system you needed during a difficult time.

(And very cool that you guys embraced the alcohol too)

Unknown said...

Still thinking of you lovely lady... I can only imagine how hard it all was but I am so glad that you got to spend some quality time with your family!!
*hugs* to you!

Kristin said...

Glad you got some time with your family!! Hope you are doing well lady!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

looks like a fun time! love family togethers!