Image Map

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Weekend Recap

Whew….finally, I’ve got a weekend recap for ya!  How was your Memorial Day weekend??  Ours was busy and great!

Friday- girls dinner for Miss Monica's going away party (insert ugly cry)!! I guess no need for total panic yet because we still have our Little Black Dress event this weekend!

Saturday- Sooooooo……Derek’s birthday party / Murder Mystery Party!  Oh yeah, and we had our annual block party that same night!  Super busy cleaning, cooking, and prepping all day.  But the night was left to having some fun!  Ready for picture overload?

First, if you don’t remember, the mystery party was 80’s theme…so please disregard our crazy costumes!
I was the gothic punk, B.A. (of course stands for Bad Ass) and Derek was the famous movie director, Steve Spielson. 

The girls: Emily, me, Alex, Tara, and Miss Monica!!

The boys: Alex, Derek, Jamie, Alex, and Alex (yes, I’m serious, there were that many Alex’s in our house!)

And of course, had to get in a Derek-and-Katie shot!


So, after the murder mystery party was over, we took our clan (in costumes and all) over to the block party.  We couldn’t miss this because a) it was literally right beside our house in our cul-de-sac and b) we wanted to meet more of our neighbors!

 
Miss Monica and Me!  You better come back and visit us Monica!!

Neighbors!  Me, Kristin, and Clara.  Hopefully my neighbors don’t think I dress like that all the time…yikes!


Sunday-

Derek and I went to Taste of Cincinnati!  Seriously, my favorrrrrrite!!!!  Sadly, we couldn’t go last year due to Derek’s collapsed lung….but we definitely did it up right this year!  We sampled Cincinnati’s fish tacos, pizza, bread budding, ice cream, crab cake, food trucks, and more! 


Monday- Two words…relaxing and grilling!


Hope you enjoyed yourself during your long weekend!!



post signature

9 comments:

Courtney said...

Ok, I'm really not a stalker but I've been waiting on these pictures! I'm inspired to do a Murder Mystery for my birthday this summer. What a cute idea and you look adorable {if you can call punk adorable that is. You manage to pull it off.}

Lauren said...

Ohhh love both your outfits, how fun!!!!! :-)

Katrin said...

Your outfits are so cool! Thanks for sharing!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

I'm jealous. I wanna go to a theme party!

the girl in the red shoes said...

Love your costumes! Such a fun idea!

Erin said...

I LOVE your costume best!! ;) You guys look like you had a blast! I cracked up at all the Alex's in your house too!!

Why doesn't my neighborhood have a block party?! I'm totally jealous!

Faith said...

so, so fun! you looked incredible. hmmm, i think gothic suits you, hehe.

now you just have to invite me to your next theme party! :)

dave and jenn said...

I have always wanted to go to a murder mystery party! What a fun idea for Derek's birthday!

Mrs. Monica said...

Of course I will come back and visit! I miss you girls already.