Image Map

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ohio State Wreath

I’ve got a little DIY project for you!  I know you’ve all seen the football wreaths out there on Pinterest.  Well, I’ve attempted to make my own for only the BEST football team out there :)


DSC_0513e

I got the idea from Simply Living blog!  I thought I would put together a quick tutorial for the easy wreath.


DSC_0480e
Gather your supplies:
  • Yarn (white to cover the wreath, and then a color for the argyle pattern)
  • Felt (two to three colors (1-2 of each color))
  • 16 inch wreath
  • Hot glue
  • Buttons or other accessories

DSC_0485e
Cover wreath in white yarn



DSC_0494e
Cut diamonds out of the felt.  Hot glue diamonds on the wreath.  To start with the argyle pattern, wrap the string around each of the middle of the diamonds, hot gluing in random places.



DSC_0499e
Watch the game of your favorite team while working on the wreath…oh yeah, and grab a little helper!



DSC_0501e
Ok, so maybe this is an extra step…but he sure is cute with his jersey on!  Anyway, take another string of black yarn and wrap the opposite way making an “x” in the middle of the diamond.  Finish off your wreath with your team’s letters, or in my case, a block O!


As the original wreath included the felt flowers, I decided to add a little accessorizing as well.



DSC_0527e
Hang wreath!  And that’s it!



Let me know if you have any questions!


post signature

10 comments:

Kristen said...

SO cute! I may just have to do this now!

Allison said...

That is adorable!! Looks so cute on your door. :)

Gina said...

It turned out great!

Lauren said...

I love yarn wreaths and yours came out awesome!!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Adorable!! I think I could manage that one!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Absolutely love it!

Courtney said...

Seriously, that looks SO good! Especially against your black door. Nicely done =)

Faith said...

SO cute! You are so crafty!

Jen said...

So so cute! And I love the accessories! Thanks for sharing the how to. I might have to try this :)

Ashley said...

LOVE IT!!!