Image Map

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Coffee Cups

1813e

Today marks the one anniversary of my father’s passing.  It is so crazy that a whole entire year has happened without him here.  You are probably wondering if I’ve gone off the deep end with this blog title, right?  Well, coffee cups have taken on a whole new importance to me.  You see, my Dad used to drink coffee like it was nobody’s business.  It would never fail, cups of coffee had to begin his every morning.  Well, that made it super easy for myself and my siblings because we would pick up mugs everywhere that we went.  Mug for Christmas, mug for birthday, mug for Father’s Day…you get the idea.  Until now, I have never understood the importance of these cups. 

You see, my Dad always loved these as a gift.  When I would ask why, he would say it was so he could think of us every morning.  If he grabbed one of my cups for example, he would think of me or the place that I went where I got the mug.  You see that Washington D.C. (#1 Dad) coffee cup?  Well, I got him that TWELVE years ago!  At the time, I was very happy to get them for him but I didn’t exactly get what was the big deal.

Anyway, when the cups were offered back to me, I jumped at the chance.  Although I don’t drink caffeine anymore, I drink a ton of hot tea.  Well, every time I grab one of these cups, I think of my Dad.  And I can’t help to feel that I know exactly what he was talking about back when he used to talk about the importance of those cups.

Love and miss you, Dad!




post signature

12 comments:

Faith said...

this post literally gave me goosebumps.

thinking of you Katie.

xoxo.

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Thinking of you today. xo

According to Jax said...

This is so sweet! :)

Kristen said...

This is so sweet, and what a great way to remember HIM now as your drink out of it. :)

Courtney said...

I know today must be hard for you, thinking and praying that you are comforted.

Lauren said...

Thinking of you today <3

Jessica Nicole said...

this is so sweet. i am thinking of you today sweet girl. hes in heaven watching you sip your tea from one of his favorite 'dad' mugs- i just know it! :)

Katie said...

I love this post, my dad passed away three years ago and was a big coffee drinker also, thinking of you!!

Emily said...

This post is so sweet. Thinking of you!

dave and jenn said...

Thinking about you (and sorry I missed this post yesterday). That is a great way to remember your dad!

Katrin said...

I absolutely know how you feel about those cups. I love anything that reminds me of my mom and that meant something to her!

Kristin said...

love that you have them!!