Image Map

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thin Mint Truffles

First, thank you for all of your comments, texts, and emails yesterday :)

Next, as requested, I have the thin mint truffles recipe for you!  A lot of you requested to have the recipe after I posted the creation on Instagram.  I first learned of this amazing idea from Kristen.  Although I am not a big fan of mint, I thought these looked perfect for Christmas dinner.

The original recipe found here.

DSC_1260e

Ingredients:
  • 1 9oz box Girl Scout Thin Mints (Or Keebler's Grasshopper cookies in my case)
  • 4 oz cream cheese, slightly softened
  • 8 oz green mint chips
  • 8 oz white chocolate chips

Directions:
  1. Crush cookies into fine crumbs in a food processor.
  2. Mix crushed cookies and softened cream cheese in a large bowl until completely combined (your hands work best for this).
  3. Roll into small balls about 1 inch. My balls were a little too large (that’s what he said).  So next time I would concentrate on making them smaller.
  4. Place truffles in the fridge for about 30 minutes.  This makes it a little easier when dipping in the chocolate
  5. Melt the green mint chips in the microwave per the instructions. 
  6. Using a toothpick or two forks, cover half of the truffles in the melted mint chocolate.  Place covered truffles on wax paper.
  7. Melt the white chocolate chips.  This is go at your own risk.  I tried two times to do this in the microwave and ruined 2 bags of white chocolate chips.  I don’t know what was going on because the mint chips melted just fine.  Anyway, thank goodness my husband is amazing and ran to get me a THIRD bag from the store.  Using a makeshift double broiler, I finally got some melted white chocolate!
  8. Repeat step six using half of the truffles in the melted white chocolate.
  9. Put the rest of the melted mint and white chocolate in ziplock bags.  Cut a teeny-tiny hole and decorate your truffles.
  10. Place truffles back in fridge.  Eat when desired! 



post signature

12 comments:

Kristen said...

Seriously the best things ever! :)

Katie said...

you MUST link these up on my link up today girl!! they would be perfect for it. I might have to make these for st pattys day!! xoxo STILL need to meet your pretty face!

Ericka said...

They look delicious! I love mint, so I will have to try these!!

Sarah said...

Um I need these RIGHT now. Mister will be so proud of you TWSS!

Lauren said...

Those look so amazing, love anything thin mint!

Emily said...

These look SO good! I like tasty simple treats like this!

Angela - RoseTinted Lenses said...

these look amazing!!

erica said...

oh my gosh...YUM! I am making these tonight!

Faith said...

I'm so going to make these! I cannot wait!

Have the best weekend!

dreaming en francais said...

Yummy!! I love making truffles but I've never tried the mint ones. Must add it to my list!

http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

Newlymeds said...

Things look like the perfect holiday treat!!

Brittany said...

I love the thin mint cookies so I need to try these!