Image Map

Monday, January 7, 2013

Holiday Catch-Up!

Hellllloooooo there.  Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year!  It’s been a while and I couldn’t wait to get back to blogging.  I took a little break (if you couldn’t tell).  And now, I’ve got all these pictures and details I need to catch you up on.  So, let’s jump right into it!

We had an ugly Christmas sweater party with our neighbors right before Christmas. I seriously could not find anything!! Finally, in the ladies department at Meijer, I found both Derek and I some amazing sweaters. Derek just topped off his look with one of my turtlenecks…amazing!

DSC_1272e

And because we wanted to add a little more swag in our outfits….

DSC_1270e

I ordered a new table runner for our dinning room table.  You can’t go wrong with a little burlap and lace right?  I loved our previous chevron runner, but this matches our décor in the dining room a bit more.
DSC_1275e

And even though it’s wayyyy past Christmas, I wanted to show you my tablescape that I was very very very excited about!

DSC_1284e


Now that all the Christmas decorations are gone (humph), my only winter décor is a printable from Pinterest!

DSC_1301e


Right before New Years Eve, Derek and I got the chance to go to the Zac Brown Band concert.  Seriously ladies, this has been on my list!!!  I love this band and knew they would be phenom in concert!  Plus, how fun is putting flannel and cowboy boots on, right?

DSC_1293e

This concert was ah-mazing!  A couple hours of seriously talented musicians!  I could listen to them all day and night.  AND, it makes me want to go back to Nashville pronto!

photo-1e


We rang in the New Years in a cabin down in the Hocking Hills.  I was soooo excited for this!  We went with our friends Sarah, Emily, and their significant others.  We were literally disconnected from society: zero phone service and no cable.  Although we didn’t get to see the ball drop (don’t worry, we made our own ball), we had the best time playing games and soaking it up in the hot tub.  Great way to ring in the New Year!  A special thanks to Sarah for taking all the photos!

Nye2e

KatieandDereke

Another great thing about NYE, it was Sarah’s birthday!  How fun of a birthday is that?  Well, we couldn’t wait to give her the cake we ordered for her birthday!  It was a hugeeeee hit and so delicious!

photoedit

How amazing is this cake?!?! 

Well, that about wraps it up for me! Hope you had a great last couple of weeks and I cannot wait to catch up with all of your lives!  I’m very behind on emails, comments, blogs, etc. so don’t worry, you’ll be hearing from me!


Oh, and don’t forget, my link-up is back up and running tomorrow!
Married...With a Pup

Hope you are able to link up!



post signature

17 comments:

Angela - RoseTinted Lenses said...

How amazing is that cake!!!!!!
sounds like you all had an amazing holiday xx

happy New year xx

Pearla & Juls said...

The Cake is amazing (: and the pics are very nice.


Pearla & Juls <3
http://weltaussagen.blogspot.it/

Courtney said...

Yay you're back!!! I've been missing your posts and pictures. =)
I love that birthday cake, that has to be one of the cutest things I've ever seen.
P.S. That "swag" picture is one of my new favorites of you guys.

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

aww you had a great break and love your table decor!! the burlap table runner looks great and I would never have thought of using burlap, very creative and cute!! The cake you got Sarah is amazing!! Happy NYE!!

Jax said...

Love this! I have always wanted to go to a cabin with friends and disconnect for NYE! And my MoH's birthday is NYE too!! :) Gorgeous tablescape, friend. :)

Newlymeds said...

Looks like you had a great holiday season! That cake couldn't be any cuter!!

Kay @ Slightly 0bsessed said...

Love the ugly sweaters! Looks like you had a lovely holiday :)

Faith said...

hi love! welcome back! you've been missed :)

i love your ugly sweaters! i still want to go to an ugly sweater party. i'm thinking i'm just going to have to throw one :)

i love the way you brought in the NY. so neat! looks like a great time.

and that cake! i need it :)

Katrin said...

Oh wow, I LOVE this cake! How awesome!
And your sweaters are awesome. I have never heard about ugly sweater parties before but it is such a funny idea!

Sara Cate said...

Happy New Year! Love how you both rocked those sweaters.

dreaming en francais said...

Gotta love a good ugly-sweater party! And that cake is ADORABLE! Happy New Year!

http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

Kristen said...

So fun!!!! :) And how cute is that cake?! Perfect!

Caitlin C. said...

That cake!!! Oh my gosh, I'm dying. It's adorable. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas and new year!! :)

Allison said...

Love that cake! It sounds like it has been a great few weeks!!

Lauren said...

Those sweaters are great & love that cake!

henning love said...

where did you find your ugly sweaters?? by the way i think you look much better in the flannel anyways and that cake of sarah's dog is adorable and soo cute!! it looks just like him

dave and jenn said...

Love your Christmas table decorations and your NYE plans - how much fun! I think ringing in the new year while being disconnected from technology is a great idea!