Image Map

Friday, December 28, 2012

2012 Recap


With Gratitude, Year in Review

I was totally going to wait until after the New Year to write another blog post, but I’ve missed all of you!  So, I thought I would link up with the seriously fabulous Courtney and do a little 2012 recap.  Why not, you know?

I first have to say that I initially did not want to do a recap of this year, even though I always do.  This has been the hardest year of my life.  And even though we have done some incredible things over the past 12 months, I didn’t want it to come across that life was went on and was fabulous all the time.  To be honest, I struggled a lot this year, especially internally.  However, this was not captured on my blog.  I really want my little space here on the web to be about happy times, because we all know those sometimes are the hardest to remember.  I hope I’m making sense and what I’m trying to say is I’ve gotten through this year because of my husband and all of the people in our lives.  So a big thank you to them and to you!  Now, on to the recap!


January

Well, this month kicked off the year with a bang….


My father passed away after trying to recover from a bone marrow transplant.  There is not a day that goes by that I don’t think of him and miss him dearly.  I miss talking to him like I’ve never imagined. 


February


Met this pretty lady for this first time and had my first ever blate!  Actually, ours was kinda a blind double-blate (you can read more about it here).  Ha!  Anyway, Derek and I consider Sarah and her husband our good friends and so glad that we met them!!

Also, I did two really big DIY projects from Pinterest.  You can view my Winter Yarn Ball Wreath (which I have up on my door right now!) and the Silhouette of Brutus that I created on burlap.


March
We had the exciting times of Derek collecting another Scar…ugh!



We enjoyed a night of Lobster Fest with Derek’s parents….maybe a little too much enjoyment :)


April


The month of April was filled with Cincinnati Reds games and spending time with friends!


May


After 3 years of grad school, I graduated with my Masters!

Celebrated with Sarah and Jake at their beautiful wedding.



Threw a Murder Mystery Party for Derek’s Birthday!


June


Attended a little-black-dress event with friends to say a sad farewell to Miss Monica!


Derek and I went to Vegas to celebrate my graduation!  We met my brother and sister-in-law for a fun time.  Don’t worry, I was not the only one who was doing the celebrating…Derek got a little birthday present while he was there




You can read more about the Vegas shenanigans we got into here, here, here, and here!


July



FINALLY got a new bedroom set!  After sleeping 2 years in a tiny full sized bed, we were ready for the monstrous king bed!

Took myself out on a date.  Yup, that’s right!

Was somebody else's date to a wedding.


Celebrated my 25th birthday in Nashville.  This was our first time there, and seriously, we are getting back there asap!  So.much.fun!

Had an incredibly embarrassing vain incident happen!


August

Told you about a very fun photo game that you should play the next time you feel like acting silly!


Attended a girls night that was full of new friends and bloggers!


September



Attended Whitney and James' wedding at the beautiful Franklin Conservatory.



Made this Ohio State wreath for our front door.  Gooo Bucks, right Brutus?



Finally went on our “honeymoon” to Italy!  Read more about stops at Venice, Florence, Tuscany, Pisa, Cinque Terre, and Bellagio.


October

Brutus talked about his shopping addiction!

Made a new Halloween Decoration for our front steps.


November



Had our annual wild & crazy house party!



Traveled to South Dakota for Thanksgiving.  It was a great trip to see all of my family!


December


Participated in a progressive dinner party with our neighbors.

Threw a dinner party at our house.



Celebrated Brutus' birthday!



Whew, and that is all of the recap!


I hope you had a great Christmas.  We have been pretty buys the last few weeks and as soon as we ring in the New Year I’ll have a recap of our Ugly Christmas Sweater Party, Thin Mint Truffle recipes, why coffee cups are so important and lastly, a recap of New Years Eve (duh!). 

Have a great New Years…and here’s to 2013!



post signature

19 comments:

Courtney said...

I love so many of the pictures you posted on here, they were my favorites of yours through this year too. =)
I can relate to your bad year and I still feel awful about your dad. Let's hope that 2013 is much better for both of us!

Allison said...

Beautiful pictures and recap! So glad to see you back in the blog world. I hope and pray that 2013 is better!!

Steph said...

I loved this post... I could catch up on everything I missed! It sounds like it was a busy year! May 2013 be your guys' best year yet! And btw, congrats on the masters and I love your house!

Caitlin C. said...

I love the idea of doing a recap post! What a great way to remember everything that happened in 2012. You've had an exciting year! I'm sorry it was a hard one for you... sometimes the hard times are good though - we grow so much and can become stronger through them. Here's to wishing you a great 2013!

Allison said...

Great recap! I've been working on a post like and included our blate in mine as well! We need to do that again in 2013!!

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

what a year!! again congrats on your MA!! and I have enjoyed getting to know you through the last months of the year :)

Nancy said...

Happy New Year! You have a precious blog!

Faith said...

What a great recap! I hope that 2013 is amazing for you. Looking forward to continuing to follow along :)

Mrs. Monica said...

Loved the Recap! Yep 2012 was a crazy year. Glad to have shared half of it with you guys.

Sarah said...

I love this post, so fun and so many great events...especially February ;)

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Fabulous photos and trips!

I'm so so sorry about your Dad.

erica said...

Looks like such a fabulous year. Love Brutus' outfits - where do you buy them? xx

Katrin said...

It was great to read about your year again!
I know how you feel about having your blog as your happy place. That is how I feel about it too!
And I know how much you must miss your Dad, I feel the same about my Mom. It is so hard to lose a parent!
Have a good 2013, Katie!

dave and jenn said...

Happy New Year to you guys!

dave and jenn said...

Happy New Year to you guys!

dave and jenn said...

Happy New Year to you guys!

Kristen said...

So glad you did the recap! Despite the downs, it looks like you had a wonderful year. :)

Still jealous of your travels. ;)

Happy New Year!

Newlymeds said...

It sounds like you have had a challenging year, but glad to see it ended on a positive note. Happy New Year!!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

What an awesome year!!