Image Map

Monday, February 27, 2012

Silhouette on Burlap!

First- how do you like the new look around here?  I’ve been wanting to update my blog forever! 

Now, I’ve got another craft to share with all of you!  I made a silhouette from a picture of Brutus and then printed it on burlap!



If you have any interest, I thought I would put together a quick and easy tutorial for you!
First, choose your photo.  This may be the toughest part, seriously!  This is the only I started with:


Next, I followed the instructions on this website to create a silhouette using Picnik.  Hurry, because Picnik is sadly closing down in April :(  Brutus doesn’t shed- but man, it was not fun outlining his long crazy (but lovely) fur!  Here is how mine turned out:

Next, I used these instructions to learn how to print on burlap using freezer paper!


We placed ours on our mantle for now!  Let me know if you have any questions!

Hope you had a great weekend!  We were up to some major house projects this weekend that I’ll share with you later this week!

post signature

24 comments:

Faith said...

I love the picture! Came out great! Also loving the new blog look ! It is perfect !!!

Courtney said...

It looks SOOO great! I need to do one for Willow.
And seriously, how depressing is Picnik? I was so mad when I first found out!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Love the new look, did you do it yourself? Also love the picture, I'm going to have to add that to my to make list!

Unknown said...

your new layout looks fantastic!!!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

OOH I LOVE THE NEW LAYOUT!!

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

the bloggy facelift looks great, katie!! and i am obsessed with this DIY project. i must do this for bailey and uggie asap. thanks for the tutorial sweet stuff.

Anonymous said...

Are you going to add the list of other blogs on the side? I liked that feature that you had with the old layout.

Sean Marie said...

I was going to tell you without your asking how much I love the new blog! Great job! Secondly, this project is so cool. Seriously, you are so crafty and awesome.

Kristen said...

Super cute! Totally want to do this now. :)

Love the new look too!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I am LOVING that!!! A yorkie profile is just the best :)

Erin said...

Too cute! Seems simple and it turned out great! Love the new blog too :) Did you design it?

Brittany said...

That is so neat! I want to try that!

dave and jenn said...

That is awesome and I love the new look!

the girl in the red shoes said...

Wow, it turned so cute! And I LOVE the new blog layout!

Kristin said...

Thats so neat!! and love the new look, did you do it or someone else? I need a new look

Jax said...

That is so cool! I love that idea! And I'm loving the new layout, girl! Your profile pic is too adorable by the way!

Mrs. Monica said...

I like the new look

Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights said...

LOVE the new design! And I need a burlap Jacques-Imo immediately!

Hope all has been well! XOXOXO

Sarah said...

LOVE your new look and I really love that silhouette of Brutus! I may need to do one of those ol Floyders!

Ashley said...

i LOVE this! i had a doxie and have been on the prowl for a little doxie shadow pic! so cute!

Janna Renee said...

That is just flippin' awesome! I hope I can try it before picnik closes!

Janna Renee said...

Oh, and I love your new design! Very open and fresh!

Eesh said...

OMG I have to do one for my Baileah! It's soooo cute!

xx

P.S Love the new blog look!

JJ said...

I LOVEEEE this idea. I can't wait to do this for Mr. Dexter Morgan. Thanks for sharing!