Image Map

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Shopping Finds & Recipe!

I thought I would share my shopping goodies from this past weekend with all of you….just because I’m so excited!

Ok- so just like about everyone else, I had to get me some colored denim!  So, I ran out and bought some as fast as I could.  I ended up with red, which I think was a good color to ease into.  I hope to pair these babies with loose fitting stripped/chevron top.

Any other ideas what to pair the red skinnies with?


Red Skinny



Second, I already mentioned this outfit; however, I'm super excited to rock these white skinny jeans with a basic denim shirt.  I think it will be a great spring outfit!

For my beauty find, I picked up the DiorShow mascara.  I've wanted to try this for soooo long!  I've heard nothing but absolutely great things about it.  Maybe I'll have to do a review for any curious readers out there...



I tried searching for some great chunky jewelry, but really could not find any necklaces.  Any good suggestions of where to find some show-stopper pieces?  However, I did find a great bracelet and cuff at Forever 21.
Ok, so on to a SUPER simple but delicious recipe.  Even my husband loved it and he is really not a pasta lover.  This pasta has a great creamy red sauce!

Creamy Tuscan Ravioli

Original recipe found here.
Ingredients
  • 1 (20-oz.) package refrigerated four-cheese ravioli
  • 1 (16-oz.) 4-cheese or Alfredo rosa sauce
  • 2 tablespoons white wine
  • 2 medium-size fresh tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon dried basil
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation
  1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
  2. Meanwhile, pour sauce into a medium saucepan.
  3. Add wine, tomatoes, basil, and parmesan cheese.Stir wine mixture into saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
  4. Toss with pasta


Photobucket

18 comments:

Jane {In The Pink & Green} said...

I just bought a pair of red skinny jeans too and I'm so excited to wear them! I think they can be really versatile and I'm excited to come up with some outfits! xoxo

Faith said...

Seriously we are suppose to be besties!!!! I went out and bought my first colored jeans last wknd too but I went with purple! I love everything you bought! So, so cute!!! And that recipe sounds amazing!!! I am going to try it!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

I need a new jeans shirt...so cute!! And the meal looks delicious!!

Lauren said...

Love your outfits & thanks for the easy recipe, I need more of those :-)

Michelle said...

Cute outfits! I'm trying to find a cute pair of white pants also.

Kristen said...

I don't think I could ever be brave enough and wear colored pants, I'm sure you'll be rocking it though! ;)

And I LOVE Diorshow! Nothing compares anymore for me.

I have that recipe pinned but haven't gotten to it, glad you like it so! I'll definitely be giving it a whirl now!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Can't wait to try that recipe!

Brittany said...

Loving your clothing pieces! I love colored jeans, I need to go get some asap. I have used Diorshow and really like it, it gives a lot of volume.

Erin said...

How can anyone not love pasta?!?! LOL- I'd eat it every meal if I could ;)

I just got red skinnies too! I need to get a new fun top to pair them with :)

the girl in the red shoes said...

LOVE your outfits! You are going to look so cute!

agalandherdog said...

Love the red jeans!

Caitlin C. said...

That ravioli looks divine and oh my, I love those outfits!!

brittany @ g squared said...

Good choice on the denim. I wore purple last week and it was a HIT!

Sarah said...

Love those jeans! I have been on a serious hunt for colored denim and can't find any that I just love! Where did you get yours?

dave and jenn said...

Try a navy top with the red skinnies. I love red and navy together.... If you're really brave, you could also find a shirt in a shade of pink that might look good. I haven't tried that yet, but I really want to!

I used to wear DiorShow mascara and loved it.

Jax said...

Love the red pants!! I have some and I wear them with a black and white striped shirt and black blazer. Or just a white top and a colorful scarf... So many options! And you could even go bold and try the new trend for spring...pink on red! I tried it and felt really trendy...but also awkward.. lol! I like it on pinterest if that counts for anything. I'm just trend-awkward. :)

Christine said...

loove the idea of a denim shirt with white jeans! Can't wait to try that this summer! and I starred this post for that recipe! What a great "no meat fridays" for lent recipe! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I did a 1-item 3 outfit post the other day with a very similar pair of skinnies (they are bright pink though) but I think the items would absolutely go with the red skinnies you got. Check it out. Hope it's helpful! http://stringsandbuttons.blogspot.com/2012/02/morning-evening-and-night.html