Image Map

Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend Recap!

Hello blogging friends!!  We’ve been super busy with that house project that I mentioned last week.  Whew, so glad it’s almost done!  So I’ll give you a hint of what we are doing:


So, that is a picture of our basement…in it’s very beginning stages last year!!  Can you believe I didn’t take a picture of it when it was finished last June (not to mention this picture is totally blurry)?!?!  Anyway, it has been completely empty…with having to furnish every other room in the house, our basement took a back seat.  However, this baby is totally painted and stuffed full of stuff!  We transformed this room in to our Derek’s theater room.


 I will definitely post pictures once everything is complete (hopefully this week!)!



Saturday- We got the chance to go to Columbus and watch Derek’s nephew, Thomas, wrestle in the state tournament!  He is a senior and has been to state all 4 years…however, this year, he WON state!!!


Derek and I were so excited for him and glad that we could be there!

Saturday night- we raced back to Cincinnati for Bockfest!  Cincinnati actually has the largest and oldest bock beer festival.  We met up with some friends and enjoyed the night downtown.  I wanted to take some pictures, but Derek has decided that he is waytoocoolforschool to take photos with his wife.  Case-in-point:

I didn’t get the memo that we were doing an exaggerated smile…so we tried again:



Fantastic..except this time, some rando guy in the red plaid totally got in our picture.  Kinda makes this picture if you ask me!  Oh wait, that would be my husband making a face my 5-year-old nephew would make.  Love you babe!

Sunday- We literally spent all day downstairs enjoying our new basement watching tv/movies/and listening to music!  Soooo relaxing!  I watched the new tv series, GCB.  Anybody else catch that last night?  I thought it was great!

Hope you had a great weekend!

post signature

13 comments:

Kristen said...

Can't wait to see the basement! :)

I watched GCB too, and am a little unsure. I felt like they crammed way more than necessary in the first episode. I'll watch the next few episodes and go from there. I just really hope they don't replace Pan-Am with that. :(

Anonymous said...

Oh my husband would love it if we could have a theatre, or a "Man Cave".........Maybe In the future.

I cant wait for GCB to come out in Australia :-)

 She's Got Heart{s}

Michelle said...

HAha love the pictures!

Unknown said...

i think i need to watch GCB! i've heard good things!

Faith said...

I can't wait to see your basement!!! It is aways fun when the husbands decide that they dont want our pictures to turn out good. Love your hair, so pretty!

Sarah said...

Can't wait to see the reveal!

We watched GCB too and thought it was very funny! My bff lives in Dallas and said it was spot on to life down there.

Katie's Kollections said...

Loved GCB! Can't wait to get into it more.

Erin said...

Hahaha- I LOVE the random plaid guy that popped in your pictures. Gotta love those ;)

Can't wait to see the basement all finished up!! I wouldn't have left it all day Sunday either!!

dave and jenn said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see the reveal of the entertainment room. How fun!

Eesh said...

Haha! Looks like loads of fun. Can't wait to see the finished basement!

xx

Lauren said...

How fun, can't wait to see your big project :-)

JJ said...

haha I love those photos of you guys. Ry guy does the same thing in any photos we take. We just keep trying till I get one slightly acceptable.

Sean Marie said...

So excited for the reveal! Glad it's almost done. Being a homeowner can be a ton of work. I'm loving your new blog look, btw. :)