Image Map

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

If Derek was a Superhero…

...he would be call “Scar".”  Why, you ask?  Because he has so many scars, of course.  Let me tell you about his latest:


Yes, those are staples in my husband’s head

And, yes, I made the photo black and white for your viewing pleasure (let’s just say there was a lot of blood!)!

So, I get a frantic call from Derek, at the end of a work day.

Derek: “Can you call the urgent care for me to see if they do stiches?”
Katie: “Ummmm, why? What’s going on?”
Derek: “ I have this huge gash on my head and it is bleeding…A LOT.”
Katie: “What happened?!?!  Are you okay?”
Derek: “I ran into the ceiling and now blood is everywhere!”

My first thought it, how can you ram your head into the ceiling?  I mean, we don’t have cathedral ceilings downstairs or anything, but they are still pretty tall.  Come to find out, that somebody was knocking on our door…so, Derek was running down the stairs to grab Brutus (because he is crazy dog, but we still love him) to put him in his crate before opening the door.

While running down the stairs, Derek thought he would expedite his capture of our dog by jumping off the 2nd to last step of our basement stairs….thus, ramming his head into the ceiling (where it comes down).



……HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Seriously, go ahead and laugh….he’s ok.  But he does have 6 STAPLES in his head like Frankenstein right now.  Good thing he has a good head of hair because after cleaning him up, it’s hardly noticeable!  I mean I'm pretty proud of him because the doctor told him it is the largest gash he has seen before...way-to-go-babe!

The best thing that came out of this situation is he cannot ever call me clumsy again =)



 post signature

17 comments:

Tiffany said...

Whoa! Head injuries are no joke... I'm glad to hear he's ok. And yes, it's a good thing he's got a head full of hair lol!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Oh My Goodness, OUCH! WE have to put the dogs in the crate when people come over too! Our Derek's have lots in common!

Kristin said...

oh my! glad he is okay!!

Faith said...

Oh Gosh!!! I am cringing right now! I feel his pain!! Glad he is OK though.

Kristen said...

Eeeek, that seriously made me cringe. And that's why I'm not a Nurse! lol Glad he's ok though!

Denise said...

Yuck! I've had staples and they are not fun :/

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Oh no!! Glad he's ok! Those staples look pretty gnarly. At least the scar should be in his hairline!

Brown Girl said...

Ouch!!! Glad he's ok...men really are tougher than women. Like with staples and stuff. Not the big stuff like giving birth. :)

Lauren said...

Oh no! Hope he feels better that is kinda funny though :-)

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh!! He must have hit his head so hard! Thank you for making that picture in B&W, I think I would have passed out seeing those stitches with blood. Hopefully he starts feeling better soon!

Mrs. Monica said...

OMG! I was cracking up. Poor Derek. I can just see him now running down the stairs. Loved that you added the photo.

Eesh said...

Eek! Glad he's ok!

henning love said...

oh my gosh scary story! and i love how calm your husband was when he called to to see if urgent care did stitches. and i love your new blog design love it!

dave and jenn said...

Poor Derek! What did the person at the door think when he answered the door with his head bleeding??

Christine said...

oh my gosh! That's crazy! My parents house has a similar staircase and I totally hit my head on the same type of thing once, luckily I just got a huge bruise on my forehead... Glad he's ok!

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

ohmygoodness....that is nutso!!! poor guy...glad he is ok. brutus was being a lil stinker huh?

Katie's Kollections said...

Ouchies!!! Glad he's ok!