Image Map

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Weekend Recap

I have an all encompassing weekend recap for you….Thursday-Monday!  I didn’t have time yesterday to do a recap because of, well you’ll find out!


Thursday- Shopping and drinks with friends

photo(8)e 
A nice-looking (not so good tasting unfortunately) glass of sangria at The Cheesecake Factory.  For more pictures, you can check out Lauren and Sarah's blog!


Friday- Meet up with some friends at The Wine Guy!  Loved catching up with these girlies.  I didn’t take any pictures, but you can see pictures on Miss Monica's blog!


Saturday- Did a lot of this:



And went to our first wedding of the season!!!  Again, I didn’t take any pictures…but instead, I stole borrowed a picture off of Facebook

facebook wedding
Such a beautiful bride!!  Congratulations to Sarah & Jake!!


Sunday- Did more laundry and started a new book series


I know I’m late to the game with this, but I start reading Lauren Conrad’s L.A. Candy novels.  I have to admit, some of the story line is not believable, but Lauren is a pretty good writer!!


Monday- Work as usual…but it was a special day.  My man’s birthday!!!  Happy birthday to my husband…the big 26!  Yup, I went for an older man ladies :)  See, even though Derek’s only 14 months older than me (to the exact day!), I always give him such a hard time about him being so much “older”!  He knows I’m just joking but gives me , “the look” when I ask him how it feels to be late-twenties.  Haha, I totally know 26 is hardly late-twenties, but hey, whatever gets him going….I jump on!

Anyway, so for his birthday, we enjoyed a lovely meal at Eddie Merlot’s

photo(7)e
It was soooo nice, they provided a free red velvet cheesecake with a little saucer of milk for Derek since it was his birthday!


Then….it was on to the good stuff, Dave & Buster’s!
photo(6)e

We enjoyed 2 1/2 hours of game time!  We enjoyed basketball, skeeball, trivia, shooting, racing, and air hockey games!  Oh, and deal or no deal!  Seriously, my fav game!  And not to mention, I beat Derek in a hunting shooting game……..yes sir! 

So, sorry for the looooooong “weekend” recap…but hope you had a great one too!

Who’s ready for a 3-day weekend?!?!  Meeee!  We have Derek’s birthday party (and a special one at that…can’t wait to tell you!) & Taste of Cincinnati!  Can’t wait!



post signature

12 comments:

Faith said...

What a fun weekend! Happy birthday to your old man, hehe.

P.S. I hate when a delish looking drink taste horrible.

Janna Renee said...

Happy Birthday to the hubs! Will is only 10 months older than me, but I totally call him old man ;) I love Sangria! I bet they either used crappy wine or forgot to add simple syrup. You should have complained! (Not that I'm an advocate of complaining, but they could have jazzed it up, so that you didn't have to drink something that is just ok)

Cat Simmonds said...

Fun weekend! You should post pics of your outfits, I bet they were fab! ~cat

Mrs. Monica said...

That was a good weekend recap! Eddie Merlots is delicious!! So excited for Derek's birthday party.

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Sounds and looks
Like
A great weekend! Happy birthday to
Hubby!

Courtney said...

Ha! You'll have to tell me what you think of the Lauren Conrad books. I read through them on our Mexico vacation and they were good for some easy reading but you're right, pretty unrealistic plots.

Sarah said...

We will not be getting sangria from Cheesecake Factory ever again, ha!

We are going to Eddie Merlots this weekend with the Mister's parents! I can't wait!

Lauren said...

Looks like an awesome weekend that red velevet cupcake, yum!

dave and jenn said...

What a fun weekend! Happy Birthday to Derek!

agalandherdog said...

Fun weekend!

Kristin said...

I just finished Laurens second book, its an easy and entertaining read. On to the 3rd....

Unknown said...

Love those books!