Image Map

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

All about Chapstick

So, remember here when I told you that chapstick was my favorite make-up product I couldn’t live without?!?!  Well, I thought I would devote an entire post to it.  Why does chapstick deserve its own entire post, you ask?  Well…..I’ve found a bit of a quirky solution to chapstick that I thought I would share with you.

I’ve always been addicted a loving fan of chapstick. In fact, my wedding was probably the first time that I ever wore actually lipstick.  So growing up, my choice of chapstick was Carmex


Seriously, this stuff rocked!  I loved the slightly burning/tingling sensation you got when you put it on….like I knew it was working!  And it was super shiny, like almost a gloss!

Then, I switched…..after trying it once…to

Burt’s Bees.  This stuff was ah-mazing!  I felt better for using it because it came from beeswax!  And I loved that tingling sensation it gave as well. I could never go to bed unless this was resting on my lips…..until…..

Derek and I moved.  It seemed like after we moved to our new house, we couldn’t find anything that worked.  Our lips would be so chapped no matter what we put on those suckers.  It was so weird….I loved chapstick but I never really severely needed it….

So literally after trying everything under the sun….I tried this


Lanolin…yes, lthe exact same thing that breastfeeding moms use for sore nipples.  Insert laugh.  It’s ok, you can laugh….I did…until I tried it!  It worked like a charm!  So, if you are ever experiencing chapped lips and cannot find anything that works, give this a try!  Thought you may be interested in this!

Have you experienced an “off-label” use for something crazy…go ahead, give us your secrets!


post signature

15 comments:

agalandherdog said...

That is so interesting! I had no idea!

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

oh that carmex brings back soooo many memories! my sister was obsessed with that stuff. it smells horrid!

Katrin said...

lipbalm from Crazy Rumors is so great! and it smells incredible. plus is is all vegan and natural.

Faith said...

Chapstick is one of my favorites too!

I love Burt Bees the most! And Lanolin I never would have thought!

Caitlin C. said...

I LOVE chapstick... I've never heard of using Lanolin but thanks for the tip :)

C Mae said...

You have to be careful (on Dr. Oz) they talked all about how some women become literally addicted to it and it takes out vital things in your lips! I swear you can google it if you don't believe me! :)
Living in AZ, I feel like I have to apply it a lot, I like softlips and carmex the best!

Mrs. Monica said...

lol. Katie you crack me up. As soon as I saw "for sore nipples"... I started laughing.

JJ said...

this might sound pretty gross... but here goes. today I had some wicked blisters. I know that Vaseline helps with them, so I figured my Burt's Bees might do the trick. I rubbed BB on my blisters and I could walk again. whew.

Only downside is I have to purchase a new BB. There could be worse things!

Sarah said...

This is too funny. Im a blistex girl but have been wanting to try that eos egg shaped kind.

Jax said...

I hadn't thought of lanolin! I actually use aquaphor on mine! I love it! Totally moisturizing and they even sell it in little tubes. :)

Mrs. H said...

I LOVE carmex. Like I would have at least two every where i went. Now I use anything I can find. Recently I found out about Burt's Bees but I have tried it yet.

henning love said...

a whole post on chapstick i love it because i am always applying that stuff onto my lips. my husband is forever loosing his chapsticks and our dogs are always finding his lost chapsticks. they are necessary in our household

Anonymous said...

I use burts bees. It really is the best.chapstick.ever. My absolute favorite. I swear a have so many of them floating around everywher! Ha!

I also wanted to let you know about a great giveaway from Shabby Apple that I'm hosting right now! Hope you enter!

Lauren

http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/2012/05/giveaway-shabby-apple.html

Mrs. Pancakes said...

I personally use bert's bee!! And bath and body has a good lipgloss too probably for
You and not Derek!

Becky | Apples of Gold said...

This is awesome! I've used chapstick daily since I was in elementary school. Over the years I changed favorites a few times, and by the time I moved to California I was a cocoa butter chapstick addict... only thing is I couldn't find it anywhere out here. I was devastated. Seriously. (I can't believe I'm writing such a long comment about chapstick!) Anyway, I finally found one that's sorta the same as the old cocoa butter chapstick I used to use... and now my world is a better place. haha.