Image Map

Monday, July 23, 2012

BIRTHDAY Weekend Recap….Y’all!!

Do you know where we went yet?



….What about now?

.….Now??

We went to NASHVILLE! 


So, we have never been there and I was soexcited!!  I thought Chicago was my most favorite city; and now, I’m thinking Nashville has taken it’s spot!  I loved every second and cannot wait to go back!  Wanna know what we did?  Ok, well let me show you!


We ATE a lot!
Friday night, we went to Capitol Grill.  Derek enjoyed Alaskan Salmon and I had the Beef Striploin!



Saturday afternoon we checked out Mitchell’s Delicatessen (did I mention this was my actual birthday?!?!).  This was the best deli ever! I had the turkey avocado sandwich (pictured above) and it was possibly the best turkey sandwich!  Yum!


We got Jeni’s Ice Cream afterwards!  THE best flavors: Pistachio & honey, brambleberry crisp, brown butter almond brittle, and The Buckeye State!  We tried them all!


Saturday night, we enjoyed Midtown Café.  I had the Gnocchi and Derek got the Scallops…yum!  We got the coconut cake for dessert and it was pretty heavenly….so delicious!


We LISTENED to live music!


We spent all of our time on Broadway listening to all the the live music.  It was the greatest!  I could listen to these bands all night!  Everybody was amazing and I couldn’t believe it!


Oh, and we JAMMED with Elvis!



Loved Nashville (if you couldn’t tell) and had a super great time with Derek!!  Thanks dear for planning my extra special birthday weekend!


Hope you had a great weekend too!


post signature

20 comments:

Allison said...

What a fun birthday weekend!!

Unknown said...

You look like you had the most wonderful time (so deserved!)

Have a lovely week!

Courtney said...

SO much fun! I would love to go to Nashville someday but Chicago is on the list first =)
Looks like a blast!

Faith said...

Looks like you had the best time!! I love your pictures!!!

Allison said...

Nashville was a fabulous choice!!! My sister and brother-in law live in Nashville and we love, love, love going there! The Stage is the best! I'll have to remember some of the restaurants you ate at because they all looked amazing. So glad you had such a great birthday weekend!!

Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights said...

SO MUCH FUN!!!!! The food sounds awesome! I love Nashvegas!

OH... and HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Kristen said...

So fun!! Happy belated Birthday! :)

Jane {In The Pink & Green} said...

I LOVE Nashville! Such a fun city, looks like you had a great time!

Sarah said...

Yay!! Glad you had such a good time and got to eat lots of yummy food!!

Erin said...

Omg NASHVILLE is amazing!!! I've been there probably 4 times and I always want to go back! Most recent visit was last November to watch the Bengals play the Titans there. Definitely a fun city! Glad you enjoyed your bday in one of my fave cities ;)

Lauren said...

Looks like an awesome birthday weekend! Love all the pictures :-)

Kara said...

I love that they put the name of your blog on the menu at the deli... :)

Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend!

Kara
ShawnKaraAndHeidi.blogspot.com

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

haha. you and Elvis! LOVE that picture. and of course I love Nashville. such a great city!

Jax said...

So so fun and HAPPY belated birthday! :) I haven't been to Nashville in years, but I did love it! Great pics and awesome looking food! Loving the pic of you with Elvis..haha.. Fantastic. :)

dave and jenn said...

Happy belated birthday! I've never been to Nashville, but it looks like you had fun! I love the picture of you and Elvis, and that coconut cake looks awesome.

Ashley said...

I want to go to Nashville so bad! and I didnt know they had a Jeni's there! awesome, looks like a fun trip!

According to Jax said...

Hey Katie! I just found your blog from and I'm loving you are in Ohio! (me too, I'm in cincinnati)
I found it weird that we were both in Nashville last weekend (i was there for a wedding) and I have two pints of Jeni's ice cream in my fridge!!! (Buckeye State & Wildberry Lavender!) So delish!!

New follower here! Get excited!

Sean Marie said...

You are so cute! Glad you guys had fun and happy belated. :)

Mrs. Pancakes said...

What a fun weekend trip! Happy belated!

Unknown said...

OMG! I was engaged there!! :D
I'm getting married in March and as I read your blog title it made me really excited because I'll be married soon.. with a pup as well LOL My fiance and I also live in GA. I'm excited to look more into your blog.
Your newest follower
NicholeRae
lipstickandtoolbelts.blogspot.com