Image Map

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Book Review


I have a duology (is that a word) for you to read!  If I stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman. 

If I stay is the first book in the series.  While this has an overall emotional storyline, it is written in way that makes you forget about a tragedy and fall in love with the family of characters.  I could not put this book down and became extremely invested in the story.  I just had to know how it would turn out.  Thus, after I finished, I went to the next book….

Where she went is of course the second book.  This was even better than the first.  It brings together the details and also pursues the love story started in the first book.

I thought these were great and quick reads.  Definitely not a beach read (which equals fun and light for me) but still good nonetheless!

Have you read these or have any suggestions?




post signature

8 comments:

Katrin said...

I will definitely check them out! I always love to get new book recommendations! :)

Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights said...

OOH! I'm going to look at them on my kindle now! Thanks for the recommendation! I can't seem to put books down this summer! Hope you have a great evening! :)

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I always love a good duology! ;)

Thanks for the recc!

C Mae said...

Are these young teen books? I haven't heard of these before! I'm just finishing up a "Dual" of you will type series I have had to tell my self "NO" not to finish the last one to save it for our honeymoon reading material haha that way I'll have SOMETHING to read!

Kara said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I post reviews on my blog sometimes along with stories about my family and my pets. Stop by and say Hi :)

Hasta Luego!
Kara
ShawnKaraAndHeidi.blogspot.com

Caitlin C. said...

I haven't read these but I'm looking for something new to read! I love books that you can't put down :)

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

I am loving your book rec.s!! This series(is it a series when it's just 2 books?) sounds wonderful!! I just finished Wild by Cheryl Strayed (An Oprah Book Club) really good similar to Eat, Love Pray.

p.s-new-ish reader to your blog :)

Mrs. Monica said...

Since you haven't lead me wrong yet with book suggestions I think I will have to read this one too.