Image Map

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Winter Yarn-Ball Wreath


I’m so excited to share this wreath with all of you.  I’m sure we have all seen a similar wreath floating around Pinterest….I gave it shot, and it turned out great!!  I’ve put together a little DIY for all of you if you want to give it a try:

Step 1:

Gather your supplies:
  • Straw wreath
  • Burlap to cover wreath
  • Yarn differing in color/texture to cover balls
  • 30-35 Styrofoam balls (different sizes if you prefer)
  • Hot glue or dowel screws to hold the balls in place
  • Snowflake embellishments (optional)
Step 2:
 
 Wrap your straw wreath with the burlap


Don’t forget to make a little hook with the burlap to hang the wreath!

Step 3:
Wrap all balls in the yarn.  I used a natural brown jute, tan, cream, white, dark gray, and a lighter gray color.  But choose a color pallet that you love!
 
Step 4:
Next, it’s time to adhere the balls to the wreath.  This part I left up to Derek.  When he came up with these dowel screws, I was a bit apprehensive.  However, they worked perfect!  Just screw one end into the ball and the other end into the straw!
 
Step 5:
Arrange the different colors and sizes to your liking!

Add the embellishments if you like, and voila, you’re done!
 


Photobucket

19 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG, this is adorable!! I'm a knitter, and never even thought of doing this! Now I know exactly what to do with my spare yarn! I LOVE this!!

Elle Sees said...

this turned out greatttt!

Michelle said...

Such a cute idea!

Courtney said...

It looks SO good! Beautiful job!

Jane {In The Pink & Green} said...

This looks so adorable, I love it! Thanks for sharing :)

Simplyheather said...

The wreathe is totally cute! Thanks for sharing the how - to ! I wish I had the time and patience to sit down and make a beautiful piece of art like this!

http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com/

Faith said...

i love, love, love it! you are so talented! i wish i could attempt to do this but i always fail :/

Mrs. H said...

This is too cute. It's a pity we don't have winter here in Miami.

Erin said...

Super cute! Love the lil' snowflakes you added too :) Although I'd be fine if we were done with snow for awhile!!

dave and jenn said...

I love it! I wish I had the time to make something like that. Maybe in another year - ha!

Brittany said...

I love this!! I pinned it a long time ago, but never had the chance to attempt it!

Sarah said...

So so cute and I love your color choices!

Lauren said...

That came out SO awesome, I love it wow!!!! :-)

Sean Marie said...

This is so cute! I'm not crafty at all unfortunately These photos are great. Look very professional. I love your fireplace and the little lantern behind it.

Emily said...

That turned out SO cute, I love it!

Callie Lynch said...

Such a cute and creative ideas for holiday decor! Love crafts!

Bennett Love

Janna Renee said...

Wow! I actually haven't seen that one! That's awesome!

henning love said...

that project is so cute!! i love it and the colors you picked

Mrs. Pancakes said...

definitely creative lady!!