Image Map

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Many Mint Websites

Has anybody else seen these celebrity “mint” websites?  You know, Katie Bosworth’s Jewel Mint or the Olson Twins' Style Mint.  There are multiple sites and rumored to have more popping up, so I thought I would do a little research for myself and for all of you =)

All the Mint websites are pretty similar.  First, they have a celebrity(s) which is the “face” of the website.  It is a member-only site, where you create a profile.  The site then suggests their products once a month based on your profile. All items are the same price each month differing on each site.

1.) JewelMint.com

This website is Kate Bosworth’s.  It is based around jewelry.  All jewelry is $29.99


2) StyleMint

Mary-Kate & Ashley design exclusive t-shirts for $29.99


3) BeautyMint

Jessica Simpson works with a skin-care expert to create a customized skin care system for each member


4) ShoeMint

Rachel Bilson teams up with Steve Madden to provide shoes each month for $79.98

I’m not sure what is next to launch, but are you a member of any of these sites?
Photobucket

11 comments:

Mrs. H said...

I had seen Beauty Mint because it was featured on GILT.com not too long ago, things were on sale. I'd never heard of the others. Very very interesting.

Callie Lynch said...

Hi! Just came upon your blog and love it! Never heard of these, but they look interesting. New follower!

Bennett Love

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I haven't heard of any of these. How many more "members" only discount sites can they really come up with?

Janna Renee said...

I always feel like these are a rip off in the end...You will over spend AND you don't get the satisfaction of actually shopping...I have joined sites that are similar and I would just use them for ideas, turnaround and find the products/fashions elsewhere for cheaper!

Vanessa Mercado said...

very interesting sites and products... haven't known this until now in your blog... love your blog!!! following you now.. hope you could visit my blog too.. kisses!!!

Erin said...

Hmmm, never even heard of this. Not sure what the point is... doesn't seem like my thing, but who knows?!

Lauren said...

I've never heard of this sounds pretty neat though :-)

dave and jenn said...

I joined JewelMint at one point because I saw some earrings in Lucky or InStyle that I liked. I didn't do the monthly membership though. I just wanted to order that one pair, and I decided not to go through with it if I had to get a new piece every month!

Holly said...

I signed up for Shoe Mint, but haven't bought anything and probably won't. I love seeing the products they suggest, but I like to try to find them cheaper :)

TexanCouture said...

Yes!! I love the mints. My blog post I did on Monday is my latest purchases from Shoemint, Jewelmint & Stylemint. I haven't tried Beautymint yet and not sure if I ever will.

Mrs. Pancakes said...

i knew about the one with the olsen sisters...didn't know about the rest...those girls are just too awesome!