Image Map

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bedroom Reveal

Alright, let’s do it!  First, let me show you the before photos.  Please note- these were taken with the iPhone and it was untypically and incredibly messy at the time

Before

IMG_0219e
See that itty bitty un-made full size bed?  Oh, and everybody say hello to my husband’s pile of clothes laying right there beside the bed



And that, is our lone dresser!  See, when we moved, our other chest was literally falling apart!!  And we knew that we didn’t want to buy anything since we would be purchasing a new set within the year.  So basically, our closet as been a hell hole mess for a year!


After


So, granted that this bed is made and I took this with an actual camera…..I think it looks much better & bigger!  We painted the accent wall behind the bed to reflect the teals/blues in the room!  We also have a big duvet that matches the stripes on two of the euro pillows; but, because it is the summer time, it is off the bed!






And just so you know what it took to take these pictures…..

Every time I would go to take a photo, Brutie Man was right there in front of the camera!  I literally had to move him every shot!  What can I say, he likes to show off!



And here are my plans of to-do’s before the room is considered finished! 



1) Curtains- These are already up thanks to Derek!  I should note that these are our first curtains in the wholllleeee house, thanks dear : )

2) Lamps for side tables- Also completed; I found some great ones at Home Goods

3) Some type of art work/sign for the wall above the headboard…I have something in mind

4) Possibly a new light fixture….I also have something in mind!!

5) Full length mirror in between the two side windows; I can’t wait for this!

6) Lastly, I forgot to add this to the picture; but, we really need a bed skirt!



Thanks so much for letting me share our bedroom redo!



post signature

25 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks awesome! Love the furniture. We have that same color scheme in our bedroom too. :)

Faith said...

Katie!! It looks sooo good! I love your new bed, and your bedding and the wall color! Perfection!

Can't wait to see what else you do to it!

It makes me realize that we have a long way to go in our bedroom, sigh.

Amanda said...

It looks so good! What a great transformation. I love the combination of pillows on the bed :)

Katrin said...

I love it! The bed is fantastic! I would love to have a bed like this one. You did an amazing job! Congratulations! :)

Courtney B said...

Your bedroom looks AWESOME! I'm loving the colors- makes the room so much more cozy. It would be so easy to spend ALL day in bed in your room... ha ha!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Absolutely love it!!

Unknown said...

Your bedroom is BEAUTIFUL!! I absolutely love it! Snaps to you girl for a fantastic room!

Lauren said...

Looks amazing, love your bedding!

Natalie and Lee said...

It is beautiful! LOVE the bedding!

And thank you for my sweet comment:)

Kara said...

Oh, I love it! How I long for grown up furniture...

Please share a pic of what you put over the bed. We would really like to see your idea!

JJ said...

ah-may-zing! I love it all.


Brutus looking handsome as ever.

dave and jenn said...

I love it! Blue bedrooms are the best. :) Seriously, your furniture is beautiful.

Oh, and what is it with guys and piles of clothes on the floor? Dave leaves his either next to the side of the bed or in front of his sink in the bathroom.

agalandherdog said...

Great color!

Sarah said...

LOVE love love it!! Love the duvet, the wall color and the furniture...so all of it!! Great job!!

Megan O. said...

Very pretty! I love it! Where did you find your bedroom set? I need to be on the hunt for one because I cannot find any matching pieces for the dresser we have now!

Kristen said...

Looks amazing!!! I still need to get a bedskirt for our bed, as well as something above our bed.

Slowly but surely, right?! ;)

Courtney said...

I LOVE the colors you chose for the bedroom, very romantic. Can't wait to see when all of your projects are done

Jax said...

WOW! Love it and love the bedding colors you chose!!! Looks fantastic! I bet it feels so good to have it all in place!

Kristin said...

the new bed looks great in that space!! and the dog is pretty cute too

Mrs. Pancakes said...

That looks beautiful and inviting....love the bedding!

Ashley said...

love, love, love it!

the girl in the red shoes said...

It looks great! I can't wait to see everything once it's finished!

Cat Simmonds said...

Love your new furniture! So happy for y'all to have your dream bedroom, even if it is a work in progress!

Christine said...

Love your new furniture! Where'd you find it??

Anonymous said...

I love your bedroom makeover!
Pauline