Image Map

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Have you ever….

....went out to eat and had dinner by YOURSELF?  

I don't mean fast food or a restaurant like Panara.  I mean a full fledged nice meal type of restaurant.  If you would have asked me 3 days ago, I would have said no.  In fact, I would have told you that I probably would never go and have a meal by myself.  A couple of reasons why:
  1. If I’m by myself (which is a lot due to Derek’s work schedule), I will just cook and wouldn’t think about going somewhere and sitting down to eat.
  2. Waste of money going out to eat with just one person
  3. I honestly didn’t know if I had enough guts to go and sit and eat by myself!  Hard to admit, but it’s true!

Anyway, never mind the events that led up to Tuesday night, but I went and had a nice meal all.by.my.self!!  I was seriously so proud of myself!

photo(12)e
I enjoyed a nice little blueberry martini

Food Collagee
And a nice Fuji Apple salad with some Mascarpone and Sundried Tomato Ravioli.  It was yummy!


So, I probably won’t do this often…but thoroughly enjoyed myself.  So, is this something you have done before or would do?


post signature

19 comments:

C Mae said...

I've ate alone once! :) More often I do go to movies alone mostly bec my fiance' doesn't want to see chick flicks and a lot of my friends and I have very different interests when it comes to tastes in movies!

Allison said...

I have never done this, but I wouldn't hate the idea...as long as I could be brave enough to do it! I'm glad it was a good experience for you!

Kate said...

Must have gotten in a fight with Derek this night and decided, damnit, "I'm still going out to the dinner we had planned on going to, YOU'RE just not coming!!" Id kid. I kid :)

Kristen said...

I haven't ever eaten dinner by myself in a nice place, but I frequently go to lunch by myself. Long as I have a book, I'm good to go and don't care. :)

Faith said...

I've never done this and don't think I have the guts either.

The food and that martini look delish!

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

I love this! And yes, I have done this several times actually. my sister thinks it's just insane for me to go alone (but she's an extrovert and I'm an introvert). :) Glad you had an awesome time!

Michelle said...

Love that you did this! I've only ate by myself once, and that's it.

Lauren said...

I haven't done this...yet! That drink & good looks amazing though :-)

Sean Marie said...

This is pathetic but I totally went to see a movie by myself once. It was a horror film and I ended up grabbing onto the lady next to me. Haha... I think I could go out to eat by myself after that, but then again in a theater at least no one really see's you alone. Go you though! Meal looks fantastic!

Natalie and Lee said...

I've never done it due to the same reasons! You go girl! :)

Sarah said...

You are a brave girl! Good for you! I've done lunch by myself but never dinner! That food looks delish, where is that?

Kara said...

Yes. Many times. But mostly when I am traveling for work. I always bring a book or my kindle and just enjoy some quiet time.

Happy Friday!
Kara
ShawnKaraAndHeidi.blogspot.com

Jax said...

You go girl! And you got a salad to start, too! You were in it for the long haul! I love it! I've eaten alone before, but only on work trips or when I need some Jackie-time at lunch. Even then, I'll have my ipad out or something to look busy.. haha... You go, girl! It feels kinda empowering, right?!

Holly said...

I have never done this! You are brave! I've done fast food and places like Panera alone, but not anything "fancy." Glad you enjoyed your own company :)

Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights said...

Oh my! I think I'd be too scared to go by myself! I'm so impressed with you... and the meal looks DELISH!!! I now want a blueberry martini - hehe! Glad htat you enjoyed yourself... I'm going to have to keep this in the back of my mind for when I'm feeling adventurous!

dave and jenn said...

I've eaten alone, but mainly for lunch. I actually enjoy it every once in a while! I usually try to bring a book or a magazine so I look very important/busy. :) Ha.

Kristin said...

never have but should!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

I've done this before and it's definitely a good feeling to know you can enjoy your own company...kudos lady!

dave and jenn said...

Love the TB cuff and Ray Ban glasses!