Image Map

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Final Night in Sin City!

So, for our last day in Las Vegas, we checked out the Hash House, at the Imperial Palace, for lunch.


This restaurant has been featured on Man v. Food & one of Rachel Ray’s travel/food shows.  It was my brothers suggestion that we go there….and oh my, was it ever delicious!  It will be a must-stop for us anytime we are in Vegas.

 Derek had the famous chicken and waffles and I had an avocado & bacon scramble.


Our table shared this most AHH-MAZING pancake (ever!).  It was a caramelized banana pancake.  We could not stop eating it!!


Of course, we had to stop and see the fountains at least once while we were there!


Had to grab a picture of Minnie Mouse and his, errrr I mean her, beer preference.  Foster’s, who knew?!?


For dinner, Derek and I grabbed some prime rib at Biscayne at Tropicana before our biiiiiggggg show


We went and saw Garth Brooks!!!!!!!  We were sooooo freaking excited to see Garth! Unbeknownst to us, it wasn’t a “regular” concert.  We learned, while standing in line waiting to get a drink, that there was no band …..hold up, stop the car, wait!  No band?  Yup, just Garth and his guitar.

At first, I was like, oh man, all the songs will sound the same.  But you know what, it was seriously sooo goood!  He sang popular tunes fromh the 60s, 70s, and 80s…..then his wife came out, you know, Trisha Yearwood!



They sang “In another’s eyes” and it was so.freakin.adorable, seriously! Trisha sang “She’s In love with the boy” and “Walkaway Joe”.

For the rest of the show, Garth sang his songs. His voice hasn’t changed even a bit…and man, can that guy play the guitar!



Best moment of the night was singing “Friends in Low Places” with the crowd…no other feeling like it! 



Well that wraps up our trip!  Now, we are officially concentrating on our next vacation!!



post signature

12 comments:

Faith said...

So happy to hear you had an incredible time! I'm more and more excited for our trip! Less than 4 months! :)

Brittany said...

I loved seeing all your pictures! I definitely want to go to Vegas soon!

Kristen said...

Bahaha - the minnie mouse! That's too funny!

Lauren said...

Love all your pictures and the food loosk delish! Your outfit is too cute :-)

Sarah said...

That. Food. Omg it looks amazing!!

Erin said...

Ahhh- I freaking LOVE Garth!!! What an awesome show to go to! :)

dave and jenn said...

That is awesome! I loved your outfit for the Garth concert. And that food looks amazing!

henning love said...

my boss just went to vegas recently and came back raving bout hash a go go, i think their restaurant was featured on some tv show. but my boss was raving about the food. and you saw garth, ahh how wonderful!! looks like a great vacation!

Katrin said...

Haha, the Minnie Mouse is hilarious!

Jazz said...

Woah that pancake looks great!
& I somehow no longer love Minnie Mouse as much as I used to anymore! Makes me contemplate whether the princesses at Disney World who have to wear full costumes are in fact men under all the stuff. Dodgy!
Love the fountain picture, gorgeous!

Mrs. Monica said...

Yay! I glad you have fun in Vegas!!!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Looks like a fantastic trip...the fountains are so pretty!!