Image Map

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Country Girl vs. City Girl

Well, which one are you?  I believe I’m a good mix of the two.  You see, while growing up, I was as pure as day a country girl.  I grew up on a farm in South Dakota.  After moving to Ohio, we settled in the very rural south-eastern part of the state.  Right on the border of West Virginia, Y’all!  The school that I attended had a graduating class of less than 50.  We literally only had stop signs, gas stations, and banks in our little community.  The closest store/mall/restaurant of any kind was 30 minutes away!  I didn’t know any different.

Once I got a little bit of city in me….I feel like I could never go back!!  HOWEVER, I love having the memories growing up out in the middle of nowhere and the ability to go back and kick it country-style at my in-laws.


Here’s why I love the country….

scan0003e

I love the country because of horses!  We always had horses and I was riding bareback before I could tie my shoes! 


I love the open sky and stars at night

DSC_0285e

I love the ability to go out on your own property and explore

scan0001e
{Man, and how much better has photography gotten over the years?!  AND, I should mention my photography skills}

My husband would probably say he loves peeing outside in the country


I love the relaxation the country seems to give


scan0002e
{3 things about this photo: 1) My love for dogs obviously started at a young age 2) You see that camera bag in my hand…definitely my love for photos started young 3) What about that Sweet A camper in the background…yup my Dad and I took road trips around the country in that beauty!}


I love that my husband loves the country

I love that my dog has open space to run!


018e
I love that I can throw on my farm boots and jacket and take a little ride on the 4-wheeler…oh and take my little teeny tiny Brutus along with me



Now, here is why I love the city….

3e

We will start off with the obvious….always something to do, right?!

I love the energy and feeling of being in the middle of the city

I love all the restaurants to try….we love food!

7.29.08 005e

I love the SHOPPING (I bet you were wondering when I was going to mention this!)

I love the ability to be involved or join clubs

I love being so close to sporting events

IMG_2448e

I love that somebody is always inviting you to go and do something

I love that the people around me don’t know everysinglething there is to know about me


So, what are you…a country gal or a city girl?  Or maybe you’re a little bit of both like me!



post signature

16 comments:

Becky said...

I think I'm both too! My hometown is about 30 minutes from DC so that was fun having it so close when I was growing up. We went to every monument/museum for field trips. But now I go to school in the middle of nowhere and I love it. The people down here are so friendly and I'm a big fan of being surrounded by pretty mountains! It really is nice having a taste of both worlds!!

Faith said...

I'm def. a city girl. I completely feel out of place in the country. I like the country, don't get me wrong, but not for very long. Small dosages for me :)

Ashley said...

I think there are pros and cons to each! But I love living in the country just outside the city! Love dogs too!!

Courtney said...

First of all, I absolutely love that picture of you with the dog in front of your trailer. You can tell where your first loves were born. =)
Second, I am DEFINITELY a city girl. I like going to Jeremy's family farm once a year to get away from everything and just have peace and quiet for a few days but when push comes to shove, the bigger the city, the better. I want to live in New York City someday.

love jenny xoxo said...

I'm totally a suburban girl because I like both but neither enough to commit :)

{love jenny xoxo}

Joanna said...

I feel almost the same way you do. I grew up in Montana and now live in Los Angeles. I miss all the freedom of the country, but love the culture and variety of things to do in the city. It is a love hate relationship!

Kristen said...

I never would've pegged you as a country girl!

I have some country in me, but I'm more city/suburban than anything since it's where I grew up. My Dad's family is all country and we have a farm in the family. So I love the open space and outdoors. But I prefer to live in the suburbs/city. Honestly, if I never met Ryan (or if he would), I would have moved to Chicago since I love it there so much. However, he is country through and through. :)

Katrin said...

I am a little bit of both too. I grew up in a village where only 700 people live. It was lots of fun but there was only one little store. :) I also like to live in the city because there are so many things to do!

henning love said...

even though i have never lived in the country i feel like i could easily become a country girl too but then i am comfortable being a city girl too. there is a happy median between the two!

Angela - RoseTinted Lenses said...

I grew up on a farm too, but moved to the city whilst at University, I love them both equally!!!! Xx

http://littleandrandom.blogspot.co.uk

Sixth Tractate said...

Lovely post + pictures! I love your blog. I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

sixthtractate.blogspot.com

Emily said...

Cute post and I love how you included The Shoe! I'm definitely a city girl...born and raised in Columbus and I can't imagine living in the country!

Heather said...

Aw your little pup is too darling... I think I'm a mix too -but I'm definitely a suburb gal vs a city gal... Love your pics!

XO
Pearls & Paws

JustMe said...

I grew up riding too. I miss going out in the morning to feed the horses and watching them blow steam in the cold air. I miss the mountains. I miss the slow pace. I miss parking spaces!

But I live in LA right now and wouldn't trade it back. Yet.

Wendy Annabeth said...

Love this post! I'm a little bit of both :) I just heart your blog :) I'm a new GFC follower!

Amy Lynn said...

I'm like you are, I'm from a small town (graduating class was 44!) and I grew up on a farm :) took us a good twenty minutes to get to the closest big town! I loved it, and I miss it, but even though I currently live in town, in another state, it's still pretty small (it does have multiple highschools though). Big cities are so exciting though, and we always say that if we move back to my home state, we'll live in the city