I've got a secret for you....I know how to make the World's best chocolate chip cookies. I'm not even joking!!
You see, all of our friends request that I make these suckers. In fact, this is what Derek's employees requested for their Christmas gifts (see above).
So, I always joke around that I would never give out the recipe; but, what kind of blogger would I be if I didn't give up this secret. Right? Right!
Now, I promise you I am no expert baker. And, I may include some common-sense things in the directions. But, if you follow this recipe, you will have the most amazing cookies.
Ingredients (original recipe found from the back of the Ghiradelli chocolate chip bag)
-1 bag of semi-sweet Ghiradelli chocolate chips (*must be these chocolate chips!)
-2 1/4 cups Flour
-1 tsp Baking Soda
-1/2 tsp Salt
-2 sticks Salted Butter (softened)
-3/4 cup Sugar
-3/4 cup Brown Sugar (packed)
-2 large Eggs
-2 tsp Vanilla
1. Set out butter so it will soften to room temperature (*must do this)
2. Stir flour with baking soda and salt. Set aside
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together softened butter, sugar, and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy.
4. Mixing on a low speed, add eggs one at a time until incorporated
5. Add vanilla
6. Gradually mix in dry mixture (I usually do this in 3 "batches." Once the first batch of dry mixture is incorporated, I dump in the second part, etc. *It is very important that the dough is not overmixed!)
7. Stir in bag of chocolate chips
8. Put cookie dough in the fridge and allow to chill for at least 2 hours. (*Absolutely necessary and I usually do this the night before)
9. Preheat oven to 365 (*I put my oven a little lower than the recipe calls for)
10. Line pan with parchment paper
11. Roll dough into balls. I bake 10 at a time
12. Bake for 11-13 (max) minutes, depending on the size. However, do not overbake these. Even though it may seem like they are undercooked, I promise you they are not! The edges should be a light golden brown.
13. *Transfer directly to the freezer. This may be the most important step!! This stops the baking process and the cookies will be perfect.
14. Depending on how you like your cookies (I like mine at room temperature, Derek loves his a little warm), take your cookies out after 8-10 minutes.
I would love to hear from you if you try these. Let me know if you have any questions!