Image Map

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Five Things About Me!

I was tagged my the hilarious and adorable Erin in the “5 things about me” game!  I love these little games because I get to know things about my favorite bloggers.  Hope you learn some new things about me : )   But first, I tag Faith, Kate, and Jackie!


Photobucket
1) I don’t drink milk

Seriously, why don’t I like milk?  I haven’t drank milk since I was a little bitty infant.  Ever since, I about throw up any time I come close to it.  No worries, I love cheese, ice cream, yogurt, and anything else dairy.  I have no clue what it is…I have even tried chocolate & strawberry milk and it’s a no-go.



Photobucket
2) I don’t cry ever

Well, don’t get me wrong, I cry.  Just not usually.  AND especially I don’t let it flow if people are around.  Derek’s another story.  I can cry more easily around him.  But not often.  Maybe two times a year?  Anyway, sometimes I wish the emotion came to me more often.  Like happy tears.  I definitely wish I could cry happy tears!



Photobucket
3)  I used to be a huge tomboy

So, you all know that I grew up on a farm in South Dakota.  But even after moving to Ohio and all through middle school, I used to be a HUGE tomboy!  I didn’t start wearing makeup every day until graduate school.  In college, I would wear makeup when we would go out on the weekends.  But every day mascara and some powder, yeah, that didn’t start until 4 years ago.  Besides makeup, I loved being outside.  Growing up, I was never inside.  My childhood best friend and I would be outside in the woods, in creeks, on the 4-wheeler, or wherever the day would take us.  As long as we were outside and getting dirty, we didn’t care.



Photobucket
4) I’ve never broken a bone before

Considering number 1), I feel like I’ve really lucked out!!  Believe me, I’m knocking on wood right now because I do not want to jinx myself with this one.




Photobucket 
5) I've been in a fist fight

Well, let me rephrase that.  I’ve been punched in the face before.  On my 20th birthday, we were out at a bar (not drinking of course because I was underage and that would be illegal ;) ).  Well, I was standing by this random group of people and all of the sudden I get punched in the face.  Some drunk guy was swinging at the man standing right next to me and missed.  He hit my jaw instead.  What an idiot!!  Good thing the drunk guy ran out of the bar immediately because there were a huge group of people about ready to beat him down.  THAT was a memory that I’ll always remember. 




So, I hope you learned some new things about me today!



post signature

26 comments:

Katrin said...

Oh no, you got punched in the face? How terrible!
I love the fact that you were a huge tomboy because I was exactly the same. :)

Natalie and Lee said...

Punched in the face?! Bless your heart!!!

(Knock on wood) I have never broken a bone either. I did sprain my ankle Monday walking in to work. Pretty embarrassing:)

Anonymous said...

I don't drink milk either!! I hate it! But I love chocolate milk and will eat cereal with milk, ha.

Courtney said...

It took me YEARS before I started liking milk, even now I kind of have to gag it down sometime because I don't like the consistency of it. Do you not have cereal then?

Nicole Marie said...

Ugh I don't like milk either...its super gross to me.
I was a total tomboy too...which led me to several broken bones :-) I was proud of that LOL

Margaret said...

I've never broken a bone- though I did have a hairline fracture in my eye socket bone from a sled riding accident! Talk about crazy!

Can't believe you got punched in the face!! That guy is lucky he got away without getting beat down! haha

Anonymous said...

Have you tried almond milk? It actually has more calcium than regular milk. The vanilla and dark chocolate flavors are delicious.

I am the same way about crying. There will be moments when I cry, but they can't be obligatory/expected.

Jen said...

I have never broken a bone either, and the thought of it scares me. I am not good with pain. I don't cry often, but when I do, it's like it is built up and turns into an ugly cry. I do sometimes laugh until I cry though...ha! That stinks you got punched in the face. Hope you weren't hurt too bad. That drunk guy probably deserved to get his butt kicked!

Lions, Tigers and Fashion OH MY! said...

haha cute post!! I hate milk too, my mom always made us drink a glass with dinner and now I could puke if I had to drink a glass of milk!

Hope you have a great day!

xx

Kelly

Helene said...

haha! i love this!! you are so awesome. i had no idea you were a tom boy with that pretty hair of yours!

Audra said...

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I drank 3 glasses of milk every day. One night we ran out and I cried until my husband went out and bought me more (at 11pm).

Now, the sheer thought of ingesting a glass of milk makes me want to vomit. Milk is disgusting, and you are not alone.

Sarah said...

You should be glad your tear bucket never gets full.

Angela - RoseTinted Lenses said...

Haha this made me laugh!!!
I'm not a crier either think its because I was a Tomboy too

Xx

Erin said...

Oh my god that's outrageous! All I can picture is Snooki getting knocked out haha. So glad you did this :)

Jordon said...

I have been punched in a bar, I don't drink milk, I grew up on a farm, and I have never broken a bone! Did we just become best friends??

Faith said...

Oh gosh! You were punched in the face?! The first image that came in my mind is when Snooki was punched by that guy. Is that bad?

I've never broken a bone either, knock on wood!

I can't picture you as a tomboy!!

As long as you like ice cream we're OK oh and crying is overrated. I did it not too long ago (seeing a picture of my niece for the first time) and I cried for like 15 minutes. Ridiculous. Trying not to cry again for another year.

Faith said...

P.S. thanks for tagging me! I'll get on it soon :)

Lauren said...

That is beyond crazy you got punched in the face, I bet he felt bad :-)

Allison said...

I loved reading this! It makes me happy knowing you were a big tomboy. I was always in the creek or in the woods growing up too! And I can't believe you got punched in the face. Poor thing!

Jax said...

Thanks for the tag! I really want to do this! :) Also.. I love the funny images you chose. The "Look at my knife" almost made me spit out my drink b/c I was laughing. Awesome. And punched in the face?! Holy goodness, girl! Oh and I totally don't drink milk either. I kind of think it was a contributing factor in me breaking my back. My doctor told me I need more calcium in my diet b/c "most people" that had a similar fall wouldn't have broken their bones. Cool. Lame...ha! :) Happy Friday, girl!

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe you got punched in the face! lol I kind of got excited because one day, I'd love to punch someone in the face. Is that weird? lol

I was a huge tomboy growing up too, but in late grad school leading up to middle school. I grew out of it by the time 8th grade rolled around.

Mrs. Monica said...

I guess I was in a good mood when I read this. I couldn't stop laughing for some reason at katniss. Omg, the punch in the face. That is definitely crazy.

Sienna said...

i dont drink milk either! everyone thinks its weird!

Laura Darling said...

I'm impressed that you've never broken a bone even though you don't drink milk! What about all that calcium? :)

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

oh wow!! that sucks for the punch in the face and on your bday too!! I love milk, but gave it up becasue it is fattening...i enjoy a chocloate milk every ow and then thou

Emily said...

Sorry I'm commenting on old posts, I'm finally catching up with my blog reading! I don't drink milk either but I love dark chocolate almond milk on ice for dessert, you should try it! I also rarely cry and the only bone I've broken was a toe so I'm not sure if that even counts!