Image Map

Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekend(s) Recap!

Hello there! I took a little blog vacation last week. Derek repeatedly asked me this weekend when I was going to blog again, so I thought I should do a little weekends recap! In no certain order, here is what I’ve been up to:

-Hanging out with the neighbors.  Between purse/31 parties, bon fires, listening to live music, and more, we have been spending a lot of time with our neighborhood...and I love it!

-Watching college basketball

-Celebrating Easter

-Meeting Lou...our friends new bulldog puppy!  Seriously, the wrinkles, big paws, and sweet cuddly demeanor get me every time!  Look at this cute face!
   
DSC_1686e


DSC_1688e edit

-Grabbing pizza and beer with Sarah and her husband

-Participating in a photo shoot for a local company…..more on this crazy adventure later!

-Making blackberry infused water

DSC_1697e
-I’m completely obsessed with the stuff they sell at Starbucks!  So, I thought I would try to make some myself.

-Enjoying our nice Spring weather.  Seriously, is it just me or does it feel like forever since we have experienced warm weather?!

-Making grocery lists….usually I’m the lucky one that gets to go to the grocery store.  So, I’m not that specific in my lists because I know what we need.  We were all out of ingredients for our favorite energy balls, so I was listing everything: oats, flax seed, peanut butter, etc, etc.  Well, I guess I just listed “coconut” instead of shredded coconut, because Derek went to the grocery for us and this is what he came home with:

photoe
-I mean, the list did say coconut, but I asked Derek, what is this (of course I knew what it was, I was just wondering why it was in our house)?  He’s like it’s a coconut…it was on the list.  For some reason, I just cracked up and could not stop laughing.  I’m trying to think of ways to utilize this thing, but right now it’s still sitting on our counter!

-Baking cinnamon sugar banana bread

-Watching The Real Housewives of Orange County.  Is it just me or does it seem like Tamra and Gretchen have turned into mean girls this season?

-And, that is all that I’ve been up to!  Hope you guys had a great weekend(s)!!

Linking up with Sami today!



post signature

28 comments:

Sarah said...

Hhahahahh that coconut...so funny.
I think you need to have a Hawaiian party!

Becky said...

Hahaha a real coconut?! That's so great!! I agree with the Hawaiian party. Looks like you've been up to a lot of fun things :)

Helene said...

cinnamon sugar banana bread sounds delicious!! recipe please!

Courtney said...

That little bull dog puppy is too cute for words! I want one!

Katrin said...

Lou is adorable! :))
And I would love to see the recipe of the banana bread!

According to Jax said...

Haha. i would have no idea what to do with a coconut either. My coconut is usually bought in a can...or in liquid form (coconut rum!) :)

Lauren said...

That pup is so cute and the water looks so delish! :-)

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

I'm going to have to try that blackberry water, I love my Ona pitcher too!

Anonymous said...

Lou is SOOO precious!!

Kristen said...

Lol to the coconut! Too funny!

Isn't this weather gorgeous?! About time too!

Erin said...

Ohhh goodness, Lou is so perfect!! What a cute pup! :)

I can't wait to hear about your lil photo shoot!!

Jordon said...

LOVE the coconut.. That is too funny.

Jill J. said...

Ha ha...love the coconut. My husband would do the exact same instead of asking me what I needed an entire coconut for!

I am loving the RHOOC season so far. They are all so crazy, it's just entertaining. Vicki's chin scares me!

Jill
Classy with a Kick

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

OMG That pup is too much! I just want to squeeze him!

We have that water pitcher too, I love the fun shape!

Faith said...

Haha men. The coconut made me laugh out loud :)

Lou is adorable, OMG!

I'm excited to hear of this photo shoot!

Hope you have a great week!

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

hahaha such a guy thing to do!!! that's awesome...i can see why just "coconut" would mean an actual coconut ;) and RHOC fan here...I'm dying to see the rest of the season because apparently right now Tamara and Vicki are friends again and Gretchen is out again???

henning love said...

ooh blackberry infused water sounds yummy! i just bought blackberries at the store so i need to make this for sure. Lou is absolutely adorable!

dave and jenn said...

LOL... the coconut! I asked Dave to bring home pineapple last weekend (meaning canned) for Jade and me to eat, and he brought home a whole one. Still, it's a lot easier to chop up than a coconut. I wouldn't know where to begin with that!

Jen said...

So I told Rick the story about the coconut and he was like, oh yea that is what I would have bought. Men...what are we going to do with them! I totally need to try that blackberry water. It sounds so refreshing. Oh and that pup is so adorable!!

Joanna said...

All I can say is I am obsessed with your new family member. So adorable!!

Jamie Hart said...

I totally am coming home from the store one day with a coconut.. just to see what my fiance says.
PS- I'm new to the blog. It's great!
ugottahavehart.blogspot.com

Desi said...

Aww there Emily is again :) You guys must be super close! Your neighborhood sounds like so much fun! Can't wait to see what you've been making from Starbucks. The coconut made me giggle. Men need specifics, don't they lol. I have yet to catch up on RHOOC... love that show! Loving following your blog :)

Staci said...

Taylor would do the same.damn.thing. about the coconut. For sure. Your water is so faaancy!

Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! I am CRACKING up at the coconut! That is so amazing!!! At least your hubs was nice enough to go to the grocery store :) yay!!! So glad all is well pretty lady! XOXOXO

Kristin said...

that's hilarious he bought a cocunut

Unknown said...

What a cute little pup! Sounds like a great weekend :)

Pegster said...

Welcome back, we've missed you around here. Sounds like you had a great time on your break. I totally live for the weekend.

Can't wait to see pictures from your recent photoshoot.

Emily said...

I love that he bought an actual coconut! I'm not even sure if I could find that at my store...or if they would have it! Hahaha!
Also, I love your water pitcher!