Image Map

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Product Reviews & Recipe

I’ve bought some products recently and thought I would let you know how I like them.  Ohhh and a few of you asked for the cinnamon sugar banana bread recipe.  Good news, it is so incredibly tasty that I HAD to share!
Product Reviewedit

1. Clinique Moisture Surge Intense- I have pretty dry skin.  I’ve been using this at night after I wash my face and I’ve noticed a huge difference!!  This is a definite keeper.

2. Benefit Cosmetics Watt's Up!- My friend Emily was wearing this highlighter one day and it looked amazing on her.  After asking what she was wearing, I knew I had to go buy it!  It is the perfect champagne highlighter and gives a great little “glow!”

3. L'Oreal Everstyle Smooth and Shine Crème- I’m slowly replacing all my hair products with drugstore products.  After hearing your rave reviews on the new L’Oreal products, I picked up this smooth & shine cream to use when wearing my hair straight.  Definitely as good as the bumble & bumble stuff I was using.  This helped smooth my hair without weighing it down.  I will definitely be buying this again!

4. NARS Lipstick - Sexual Healing- I just picked this lipstick up today and I’m already in love.  I went in search of an everyday bronzy-pink lip color.  After looking at 1,203 colors, I settled on this one.  I’m not a lipstick person but I really like how it feels on my lips.

5. MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation- After hearing all the rave reviews about this foundation, I wanted to give it a try.  Unfortunately, I didn’t find it any better than my current foundation, so I had to take it back.  It’s kinda spendy so it had to be ah-mazing….and it didn’t do anything great for my skin.


That’s all the product reviews I have for you.  Now, on to the yummy(!!!!!) recipe!  This has the perfect crusty/sugary outside and ooey-gooey banana-y inside.

Original recipe from here!

Ingredients
For the bread:
  • 3-4 over-ripe bananas, smashed up
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • dash of salt
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
For the swirl:
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Butter and four (or spray with non-stick cooking spray) a loaf pan.
  2. Mix bananas, butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla together. sprinkle baking soda and salt around on top of the banana mixture. Then gently stir in flour. Be careful not to over-mix!
  3. In a small dish, mix together the 1/3 cup sugar and 1 Tbsp cinnamon.
  4. Add 1/2 of the batter to the loaf pan and then sprinkle half, or a little more than half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture all over the batter in the pan. Add the rest of the batter, and then sprinkle the leftover cinnamon-sugar on top.
  5. Bake for 35-40 minutes, but remember, if you’re using a different-sized loaf pan, be careful and keep a close eyeball on it! (The original recipe called for 50-60 minutes, so I put my timer on 45 (I like to always bake 5 minutes less).  When the 45 minutes were done, my toothpick came out completely clean so I would have like to take it out probably after 40 minutes.  So, just a heads up!

Let me know if you give it a try.  You won’t be disappointed!



post signature

14 comments:

Courtney @ Missthirdgrade.com said...

Ah! Surprised you didn't like MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Cover Foundation! It last forever which I really like. What do you use? I'm going to put that Watt's Up on my wishlist! Thanks for sharing!

Katrin said...

Katie, thanks so much for sharing the recipe! I will definitely try it out soon! It looks delicious! Plus I really love bananas!
I always wanted to try a NARS lipstick! This color looks beautiful! I have to check it out!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love HD Make Up Forever... sad you didn't like it! And that banana bread sounds SOOO good!

Kait said...

I was anxious to see how you liked Watts Up, because it just didn't look right on me. I'm glad it works for other people! Maybe it's user error on my part ;) That bread looks so delicious! I'll have to make it for Dane some time, at which point he will likely slather peanut butter all over it!

Jordon said...

That bread looks to die for!!!! I have also been on a hunt for a similar lip color!! I see a sephora trip in my near future!

Becky said...

Yesss I was hoping you'd post the recipe! My roommates make banana bread all the time so I'm going to make them make this! :)

Helene said...

yum!! that looks delicious! i have been wanting to try the watts up so maybe I will!!

Jax said...

I want that bread! And I love that there are only 5 steps. I can do that. :) Also, I want a good highlighter, so I think I'll give that Watts up a try!! I was using their pink one...I forget what it is..but it's liquidy. I don't love it b/c of the consistency. I think I'd like the other stuff more. :)

Allison said...

That bread looks amazing!!! Yum!

Faith said...

I completely want to try that bread! It looks so good! I've never made my own bread before.

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

I love Make Up forever foundation!! I used it for my wedding day!! worked wonderfully!! I like the Watt's up from benefit,but their High Beam last longer.

Kristen said...

I haven't tried that MAKE UP FOR EVER foundation, but I am using their Mat Velvet and really like it. I don't use a lot, and I don't wear it every day. I use it for days where I'm actually going to be out all day or want really good coverage for a special event (cause with my night schedule, I won't wear it to work or some days I'm only out for a few hours and don't think it's worth it to wear it then lol). Like I said though, the coverage is really great and I really like the "Mat" part of it.

Xlovehappyx said...

thanks for the recipe and i'd love to try a new nars lipstick!

Jen said...

I love the Clinique Moisture Surge for the Winter months! It's a little too much for me for Summer as I have a very oily t-zone, especially in the Summer, but it sure helps with flaky/dry skin in the Winter. And that banana bread looks so good. I may have to try this soon!!