Image Map

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Weekend Recap!

So, Derek was in Austin this weekend for a bachelor party.  Can you say JEALOUS?!  I was so super excited for his hangover-style escapades.  But, I had zero to little plans because about everybody I knew was out of town or busy.  So that left for a very boring and lonnnnggg weekend for me.  In fact, I talked to Brutus all day and went to bed at 9:00pm both Friday and Saturday night.  Exciting stuff right there. 
Oh, and I watched The Notebook.  This was the second time I’ve ever seen this movie.  I saw it when it came out in the theaters forever ago and kinda forgot what it was about and remembered that I didn’t love it.  But, after rewatching I can see why every woman on the planet loves this movie.  Such an epic love story!

I spent my time trying to teach this -I just got my Spring haircut- little guy a new command, “stay.”  He’s not doing too bad but I have a feeling this will be one that takes some time!
DSC_1706e

Saturday, I treated myself to a mani-pedi.  Without this little outing, I may have gone a little stir crazy.  I ended up loving my nails and have gotten so many compliments on my accent nail!
photoedit

Sunday, I attended a bridal shower for my best friend, Jen.  Even though the 3 hour drive (one way!) was brutal, I so enjoyed seeing all the friends I grew up with!!  I cannot wait for her wedding in May!
DSC_1722eChelsea, Cassie, Jen (bride-to-be), Krista, Morgan, and Me

AND, I have to show you guys what I gave Jen because I’m obsessed with it!!  Seriously, I wish I had one of these for Derek and I…
DSC_1709e
How adorable is this print (frame from Target)?!  I found it from, of course, Etsy.  The shop is EmbieOnline, and the owners are seriously phenomenal to work with.  After I ordered this for Jen, I contacted them to let them know how crazy excited I was and started talking to Meg, who is the sweetest.  And guess what, she is offering Married…With a Pup readers 10% off any 8x10 print!!  Just use the code: MARRIEDWITHAPUP10

These are such affordable gifts (bridal, house-warming, etc.) or snatch one up for yourself!

Hope you had a great weekend!



post signature

18 comments:

Kait said...

I'm such a sucker for prints and I love this one! You look so cute in that photo! Glad you had a good weekend :)

Jess said...

That is such a sweet gift you gave. Very personal and trendy!

BTW... LOVE your nails too. I also get unsure about a design, and then end up loving it.

Katrin said...

The print is really cute! And I love your outfit that you wear in the picture with your friends!

SugarFreeAsh said...

Mani/Pedis are a great way to pass the time when the husband is out of town! :)

Courtney said...

I have weekends like that too when Jeremy is away or working. Early to bed and a lot of free time when I feel like I might go crazy. Love your mani by the way!

Jen said...

Glad you had a nice relaxing weekend, but I know what you mean by going stir-crazy if you don't get out of the house! I love that print and will have to keep it in mind for future gifts! :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE your nails!! Is that glitter on the accent nail? I like that it's "big" flakes of glitter... if that makes sense, ha!

jamiedawn said...

thats one thing i love about living in ohio. i think we have just a pretty state shape! does that make sense?? i love that print!

Lauren said...

Your nails are beyond cute love it!

Allison said...

I love that gift!! I will be checking out their shop! And Drew was gone this weekend too. We could have been lonely bums together. Haha.

Angie said...

Looks like you made the best of your weekend! Pretty nails!

Pegster said...

What a fabulous weekend even though you Derek wasn't there.

That mani looks awesome. Great color and great design on the ring finger.

Thank you for sharing that awesome shower present. I am so getting one for my upcoming shower, it's such a great and novel idea. Love it

Anonymous said...

I'm a sucker for an accent nail, and yours looks awesome!! I usually go for a solid nail color and then glitter as an accent, but after seeing yours I might have to start getting more adventurous!

Faith said...

That is such a great gift!

Haha, yay for rewatching the Notebook and actually liking it this time around. I've watched that movie so many times!

You looked gorgeous! Love your outfit as usual!

And I'm still trying to teach Izy how to stay. Hardwork.

dave and jenn said...

That print is seriously cool! I may have to get one for some friends who are getting married in June!

brittany @ g squared said...

That is so crazy! Will is in Austin right now for his bachelor party and I have been bored to tears. I guess that's the place to go for the boys these days?!

Unknown said...

great post! love the glitter nails!

Kristin said...

I always go to bed early when the hubs is gone! glad mine is coming home tonight from san diego!