Image Map

Thursday, May 16, 2013

All About the Announcement!

Thank you so much for all your sweet comments on the blog and instagram!!  You better believe Derek and I were just as surprised as you guys were!  I mean, we were trying to get pregnant and everything…but when we finally got that positive pregnancy test, we were shocked!  So crazy excited of course.

So without going into it, my body was so incredibly messed up after going off birth control last year.  Things were just not working right with my bod.  Well, we thought it may be a chance that we were pregnant so we took a test at the end of February.  It was negative.  A week later, I still hadn’t received my special little gift, so I took another pregnancy test on my lunch break (so stupid).  I absolutely knew I wasn’t pregnant and almost even forgot to check the results….it was positive!  I could not believe it!!  So, I hurriedly drank another glass of water and tried to take another test.  Another positive.  Again, I thought something was wrong with the test(s)!!

Anyway, Derek was working all day (10pm!) so I had to go back to work all afternoon and not be able to tell anybody.  Ahhh, that was so hard!

DSC_1554e

After seeing Kate's positive pregnancy test picture with her dog, Cali, I knew I had to get the same one with Brutie Man!!

Anyway, Derek got home around 11:00pm that night and I was literally bursting at the seams to scream that I was pregnant!!!  I knew I wanted to tell him in a special way, so I took a page in Tori Spelling’s book and put the positive test in a watch/jewelry case.

DSC_1609e

I wrapped it up and put it on the coffee table.  I told Derek I went shopping that evening and got him something special.  After he opened it, he was like “is this ours?!”  And after I confirmed that it really was true, he said “waiiittt, we’re not ready for a baby.”  If you knew Derek, you would think this is hilarious because it is sooooo something he would jokingly say.  Of course we were ready!

The first two months were the slowest of my life!  I was very lucky and did not have any morning sickness.  However, I experienced the typical exhaustion, severe thirst, hunger pains, and nausea. 

After being able to tell our family and friends, things were so much more exciting!!  I was happy not to have to keep in our big secret!  Over the past couple of months, I’ve read:

-Belly Laughs
-What to Expect When You’re Expecting
-The Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
-First Time Mom

Can you tell we have no idea what we are doing lol?!  If you have any suggestions of books that helped give you confidence, let me know!!

I’ll be 15 weeks tomorrow.  We are finding out the gender and that happens in just a couple of weeks!  We have had names picked out for years.  In fact, I was thinking there was no way it was that easy (I mean, we are talking about the name our child will have for the rest of his/her lives!).  So we went through a baby name book, and at the very end of the exercise, ended up with the exact same 2 names we started with!

Well, that’s about all the information up to now!  Sorry if I just bored you to tears ;)


post signature

33 comments:

Faith said...

So sweet Katie!

You have NO idea how much I just want to scream and jump up and down for you.

I love the way you told Derek. And I love what he said when he opened the case, hehe.

I'm looking forward (SO MUCH) to following along.

I can't wait to know the gender!

p.s. you could never bore me, lol.

Mrs.Fisher said...

How exciting! Congratulations! Those books are all really helpful (I read and re-read them with my babies). You guys will do great!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Katie! So excited for you and Derek! :)

Helene said...

OMG!!!! CONGRATS CONGRATS!! So excited for y'all!

Katrin said...

Love that you were both so shocked! I can imagine how excited you have been to tell Derek and then you had to wait so long!
Glad you are feeling fine!
Congratulations again!

Lauren said...

SO VERY happy for you! Congrats! Can't wait to read all about it over the next 6-7 months!

brittany @ g squared said...

So so happy for you! I volunteer to babysit anytime :)

Eesh said...

Congrats sugar!!!

I love the way you told Derek! Pretty cool idea. I'm just so happy for you two!

xx

Courtney said...

I love the way you told Derek! So much fun!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

awww...im so glad i dropped by. congrats Katie to you and Derek...how awesome!!

Mrs. Pancakes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie Hart said...

What an excited time for you both! I can't wait to follow along on your journey! (and find out the names!!)

ugottahavehart.blogspot.com

Kait said...

This is just the sweetest thing ever! I'm so happy for you two! Well, 3 including Brutus :)

the girl in the red shoes said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!! You are going to be a wonderful mommy!

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

Katie!! Sooo excited for you two! Ahhh I love it :--) you will be such a doll all preggo. Can't wait to read about it every step of the way!!!

Jordon said...

YAY lady! This is such exciting news!!! Can the gender reveal get here already???

Allison said...

Yay for sharing the news! I'm so excited for you! I love that you found out in the bathroom at work. :) Congrats again friend! I'm excited to send out your banner this weekend!!!

Becky said...

I loved how you shared the news!! Congrats again!! :)

Unknown said...

This was so fun to read. I can't wait to read more on the rest of your pregnancy. You are just so cute and deserve all these good things! So happy for you guys <3

Kay @ Slightly 0bsessed said...

Congratulations on the wonderful news :)

Ashley said...

oh my gosh, congrats lady!!!!

Anne said...

Love that picture with Brutus. And so many similarities again! It took a long time for things to even out for me after birth control too. Also I took 3 tests because I had so much trouble believing it (had to sit down right away the first time, I was so shocked), followed by the longest 10 weeks of my life... It's sooo much more fun at this point right?! :)

jamiedawn said...

i love the picture with brutus! both your babies in one photo. that is so exciting and i know we are all excited to read posts during your journey! congrats x100000!!

LeeLee said...

So exciting!! Congratulations!

Pegster said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH CONGRATULATION Katie, totally screaming with excitement over here.

I am seriously happy for you guys and super excited to follow along this journey.

I love all things pregnancy and baby related. I hope you share it all with us :).

dave and jenn said...

Love all your pictures with Brutus and the test - so cute! It cracks me up that Derek asked if the test was yours.

I had a daily journal/book that I read and wrote in throughout the pregnancy, and I really enjoyed it. I also had another book that was pretty informative to read week by week (I think it's called "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" or something catchy like that). :)

Amy Shaughnessy said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting. I know you are just beside yourself with happiness. :)

Amy

Fashion and Beauty Finds

Heather T. said...

Congrats! So exciting! Can't wait to read your blog and go on this journey with you guys!
- Heather

www.sarcasmandstilettos.com

Jax said...

AGH! Girl! I am SO happy for you!!!! I'm sorry I'm a tinge late! Work has BLOCKED all fun social media so I feel all behind on stuff. Eeek! Congratulations!!! So so happy!

According to Jax said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY! That is all! :)

julia rose. said...

AHHHH Congratulations!!! I love your little story and especially how you told the hubs!

PS- newest follower and SO excited :)

Jill J. said...

Yay!! I have been so behind, I just read this! Congrats lady. I am so happy for you guys! I LOVE the pic with Brutus. I would do it with my puppies when that time comes but they would eat the test in the process. So exciting!!

Jill
Classy with a Kick

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

Yay Katie!!!! I am so so SO happy for you guys! And happy for me, because I love having other friends/bloggers to be pregnant with! :) It's crazy that we're so close. Can't wait to read more about your journey!