Image Map

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

It’s Me, Brutus

Hey ladies, I’m baaaack!  It’s been a while since I’ve taken over this blog.  I thought today I would do one of those “if you really knew me” posts.  My mom did one last year all about my dad.  I’m not sure why she left me out…and I’m sure you all want to know a lot more about me, right?!
DSC_1706e
-Well, I think you already know I work out.  So I won’t even go into my workout regiment.  Let’s just say, I’m pretty hard core.
-I love to chew up all my toys.  It’s pretty much my most favorite thing to do.  My mom has a huge problem when I chew things up and then try to swallow the pieces of material.  Jeesh, it’s got to be protein or something.
DSC_1449e
-My parents think I’m a genius or something because I have made up my own game.  I sit up on the couch, put my toy at the very edge and push it off the couch.  I try to catch it before it falls on the ground.  I’ve basically perfected it and my Mom says 8 times in a row is my record.
-I love to steal socks and make my mom or dad chase after me.  Well, don’t tell my mom this, but I really prefer my dad to chase me.  My mom is so slow and gets tired too easy.  It’s way more fun when I can get my dad to run after me!
DSC_0468e
-My mom calls me cat-dog.  Supposedly, I do things like a cat.  Psh, I’m not even a dog (human here, duh!), so I’m not sure how she compares me to a cat.  I guess I have “cat-back” when I’m stretching and I also like to lay on top of the back of the couch.
-I won’t wake up until at least noon.  I mean, don’t get me wrong, I get up really early to eat my breakfast and do my business.  But you better believe it, I’m running upstairs right after that to go back to sleep.  And then I like to snooze until noon…aka when it is time for me to eat my lunch.
Brutus Announcementedit
-I’m going to be a big brother, I guess this winter….whatever that means
DSC_1582e

post signature

37 comments:

Erin said...

UMMMMMMM?! Is this the first time you're announcing this? I'm so behind on blog reading but holy canoli this is SO exciting and I'm SO happy for you Katie! Yay congratulations :)

Kait said...

CONGRATULATIONS BEAUTIFUL! I know you are going to be the most beautiful mother and ya'll will be the cutest parents. Plus, I can't wait to come meet the little mini Katie or mini Derek sometime :) Congrats again! XOXOX

Jenna said...

OMGosh!!!! Congratulations, Katie! I'm so excited for you :D You're going to make a great momma!

Bosch Family said...

Congrats!!! You're going to be a wonderful mother!

Becky said...

Brutus is going to make a great big brother and you will be a wonderful mother!! Congrats!!!!! :)

Sarah said...

Yayayayyy! Congrats you crazy kids (for the 100th time)!! So happy for all of you!!!

dave and jenn said...

What a fun way to share your news!! I am so excited for you guys and for all the baby updates ahead!

Brutus, you are going to love being a big brother!

A said...

Totally wasn't expecting that post to end that way! Congratulations!

Lauren said...

CONGRATS!!!! Such exciting news there are a few other fun announcements I saw today so it must be in the water :-)

SugarFreeAsh said...

I loved that surprise ending!! Congrats!

Cat Simmonds said...

Congrats! And such a cute announcement!

Emily said...

Congrats! So excited for you!!

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

congrats Katie!! so happy for you!! how exciting!!

Mrs. Monica said...

OMG! This is amazing news. Congrats. Tell Derek too. Can't wait to see pic of the little person.

Anne said...

Yay! Such a cute way to post it too.

Has Brutus ever encountered a newborn before? Ginger loves toddlers - faces to lick right at her level! - but I'm very curious to see what she makes of a tiny baby... Also: Ginger doesn't even bother trying to get me to chase her any more - Peter's always been preferred for that :)

Kate said...

I. Knew. It! So so happy for you my friend. I know how badly you want this!! Congrats !!!!!!

Kate said...

I. Knew. It! So so happy for you my friend. I know how badly you want this!! Congrats !!!!!!

Unknown said...

YAY YAY YAY!!! Congratulations pretty lady!!!! So very happy for you guys

Katrin said...

Oh wow! I did not expect this! I was laughing so much while I read your post and then at the end I was like "YAY"! Congratulations! Wonderful news! I am so happy for you guys! And Brutus will be an awesome big brother!

Lauren said...

Love the way you totally, casually dropped that in there! Congrats!

Shelley said...

oh my gosh! congrats!!! and what an adorable way to announce it to the blog world!!

side note: my husband totally calls our dog a "cat-dog" also because he loves to lay on the backs of couches and he rubs against your legs like a cat would. it's so strange! haha.

Ericka said...

YAYYYY congrats! I didn't see that coming when I started reading the post--way to surprise us all :) Can't wait to follow along on your pregnancy journey!!

Margaret said...

Ah!! That's so exciting!! Congratulations :) And I really love how Brutus announced it...too cute!

Courtney said...

I'm excited you finally announced it! Can't wait to hear all the details!

Kristin O said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Kristin

Jamie Hart said...

Awww.. I love this post! And Congrats! I'm so happy for you! Me and the Mister have been trying to get pregnant so maybe this is a sign that we will have good luck since one of my FAVORITE bloggers is pregnant. What a blessing! XOXOXOXO

ugottahavehart.blogspot.com

Bethany said...

Congratulations! So excited for you!

Jen said...

Oh congrats!! So excited for you! Can't wait to hear more details :)

henning love said...

good to hear from you brutus! i was wondering when you would make your presence on your mom's blog again and what a special post you got to write about, being a big brother!! yippee! im very excited for you and your parents

Faith said...

the best announcement ever!!!

love, love, LOVE!

i'm so excited to follow your journey!

meghan silva said...

Awww this is such a cute post!

Meghan Silva's Blog

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you two!! :)

JJ said...

eep! so exciting. Congrats to Brutus on being a big brother.

and of course congrats to you and Derek! I can't wait to follow along with your baby updates.

Unknown said...

I am *SO* excited for you- what a cute way to announce this. You are going to be the cutest Momma of all time! Yipppeeee!

Megan O. said...

Congrats to you guys!!! So exciting, and I look forward to hearing all about your pregnancy journey. Especially excited to learn all about the little one!!! Are you going to find out what it is when it's time?!

Ashley said...

Congrats!!! Soo exciting!!! Love the announcement!!

Kristin said...

So excited for you guys!! Love the pics!!