Image Map

Monday, June 24, 2013

Weekend Recap!

Hello there!  How was the weekend?  Ours was pretty good.

Friday

Friday afternoon was our big scan.  Baby girl is looking good :)  She is measuring one day ahead of schedule and is 11 ounces.  Keep on growing!

We went to a first-day-of-summer cookout at our neighbor’s house Friday evening.  We got lots of good advice for our registering adventure on Saturday.

photoedit
Friday night, Derek and I went to the Tin Roof.  My glass of water was hu-UGE!  Seriously, we were there for about 3 hours and it took me all night to put down that bad boy.  We went to see the Barefoot Renegades, a Nashville band, and they did not disappoint!  So so good.  And it helped ease our Nashville-itch right now.

Saturday
photo2edit
Saturday morning we ran some errands.  We ended up at Meijer and I’ve been on the hunt for these Dole Dippers forever (our Krogers do not carry them!!).  Anyway, I did a happy dance when we found them.  The whole reason behind the running errands was due to the fact I needed a laying out chair/lounger.  Seriously, can you believe no stores in our area carry those cheap plastic/pvc tri-fold chairs anymore?  What is this world coming to?  We need to get in the chair making business. 

photo3edit
I ended up with one of those zero gravity chairs.  Honestly, it’s not the perfect solution for laying out normally….BUT, while I’m pregnant...It may be the best thing ever!!!  It is so much comfortable and since I cannot lay on my stomach, it will work out great!!

Saturday afternoon, we went and registered!  Eeek!  My first baby shower is planned for August and I could not be more excited.  The overall process wasn’t as overwhelming as I expected.  Derek helped a lot and made it fun for us :)

Saturday night was reserved for movie time.  We rented Zero Dark Thirty (finally!).  We both really enjoyed it.


Sunday

Sunday was spent doing house stuff.  You know, the usual.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Linking up with Sami today!

post signature

28 comments:

Mrs. Monica said...

Now I have to come to Cincinnati. But only if you invite me to the babyshow. aahhh so exciting.

Mrs. Monica said...

I meant babyshower!! lol

Sarah said...

Yay I'm so glad Derek was able to make it to Tin Roof!

Anne said...

Yay, ultrasound and healthy baby! And sunshine! And registering! (I finished mine off on Friday...)

Helene said...

So glad the scan went well! You just look so pretty!!

Kait said...

Zero Dark Thirty is one of my favorite movies! Looks like you two had a great weekend :)

Jordon said...

You know it is hard to resist a Nashville itch. They are the best kind ;)

Jamie Hart said...

Sounds like a great weekend, my Katie Love! I saw a commercial the other day that Yoplait yogurt now has ice cream-- it's supposed to be good for you (hmm as good as ice cream can be!). You look wonderful as always. Cheers to summer and you looking more radiant as ever! I'm glad you got to see lil baby girl on scan!! In my town-- one of the OB's offers 3D and 4D scans.. is that something you are interested in? I wish I would have done it-- totally cool! Belly rubs to one of my favorite people!

Jill J. said...

Our Costco has those dole dippers and I was wondering if they were good! It's such a big package to commit to but I love the idea of them!

Jill
Classy with a Kick

Sara McCarty said...

Oh! Trader Joe's has some great chocolate covered banana slices too! Mac and I can't get enough of them. We bought 4 boxes yesterday and they probably won't last two weeks! Addicting.

Allison said...

I love looking at all kinds of registeries... wedding, baby, house! It is so fun! Glad you enjoyed your weekend!

Becky said...

That sounds like a great weekend! I'm glad the baby is doing well :) I also really enjoyed Zero Dark Thirty - now I'm hooked on Homeland!

Katrin said...

Seems like you had a great weekend! That's exciting about the baby shower. They are not very common in Germany so I have never been to one but it looks like fun!

Jennie said...

Those little dippers look yummy! My baby is due October 26th looks like it will be close to your due date!

Lauren said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend girl, that glass of water really is huge!!

Faith said...

You are so darn pretty Katie!

Glad that baby girl is doing well.

I heard that those dippers are delicious frozen. I'll have to search for them too.

I saw that movie a couple of weeks ago too. Really good!

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

registry shopping is so fun...those price tag guns are a blast!! Yay for finding a chair to lay out in...whatever is comfortable, right?

Allison said...

I will now be checking our Krogers for those Dole Dippers. YUM! Maybe I'll get lucky...and so exciting that you started registering! Yay baby stuff!

eray said...

hooray for seeing your little one! and those banana/choc bites look divine!

Kristen said...

I'm going to have to give those dippers a try. They sound delicious!

Glad baby girl is doing well! :)

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Glad all is well with baby girl...and the weekend sounds relaxing!

Erin LFF said...

Woo hooo! So exciting to start registering and having a baby shower on the calendar already! :) YAY!

Ashley said...

I love frozen chocolate covered bananas! They're also really easy to make and you can even add peanut butter to them!

Alexa said...

Zero Dark Thirty is such a great movie! Intense, of course, but really great and we enjoyed it too. And those banana dippers?! GIMME!!! Looks like y'all had an awesome weekend, pretty friend :)

brittany @ g squared said...

I keep missing you at these functions! Lets walk this week?

Emily said...

Did you like those Dole dippers? I had a coupon and couldn't find them anywhere! I finally found them at Walmart but then I didn't end up liking them too much. :(

I love our zero gravity chairs!!

Unknown said...

I guess I am lucky that we have those at Costco here. Yay for registering!

Pegster said...

YAY for a healthy baby girl. Keep growing little one.

I love that you actually took pics this weekend, it's always fun to follow through pics :).