Image Map

Friday, June 21, 2013

20 Week Update!

20 Week Blogedit
Due Date: November 8, 2013

Gender: Baby Girl :)

Movement: Sadly, nothing yet.  I found out on Monday that I have an anterior placenta so it will probably be another couple weeks until I feel something.  I cannot wait to feel that movement!!

Feeling: Great!  All in all, I feel exactly like my pre-pregnancy self.  Last week I started having some lower back pain.  I knew it was because I don’t exercise.  It’s been in the back of my mind to get up and get moving when I’m home…but hey, let’s just say I wasn’t motivated to work out before I got pregnant so I’m definitely not going to be motivated now.  BUT, I know that it is good for me so I started walking at night with Brutus.  This has helped and pretty much alleviated all the soreness and aches.  Hope I can keep this up.

My emotions are pretty much in check.  I’m a happy pregnant gal.  The only thing I notice still is how easy it is to get me fired up.  Before I could keep my emotions in check and remain pretty calm; now, things frustrate me so much quicker!  

Food Cravings: No real cravings.  Although, I’m back to eating just about everything again.  For a while there, nothing sounded good at all.  The only thing is, I could super spicy food every day for every meal.  Yum, it sounds so good.  The spicier, the better.  I’ve also noticed in the past week, I’ve needed to eat more.  In the beginning and up to this point I was supplementing snacks about every 2-3 hours (fruit mostly) to avoid feeling nauseous and eating the same portions for meals.  Now, my meals need to be a little bigger or I need an extra :)

Food Aversions: Seafood and soup still.  Derek grilled out steaks for us this week, and to my surprise, I gobbled my steak up!  No more aversion to beef.  I don’t know if I could have beef more than once a week yet, but it was sure good!

Clothes: Well, as you can probably see from the picture, no bump yet :(  Don’t get me wrong, my stomach is definitely bigger.  However, I’m still at the stage if I wear tight clothes, I look chunky rather than rocking a bump.  BUT, in the last week, Derek and I have noticed a difference.  When I lay on my side at night, this is when we notice the biggest difference in my stomach.  And as everybody has said, since I’m having a girl, I feel like I’m just getting wider…more horizontal rather than a “basketball bump.”

I still wear my regular work pants and jeans, with using the hair elastic trick instead of buttoning.  This is probably going to stop within the next week.  I haven’t bought any maternity tops yet as I think I will be able to use a lot of what I have for the summer.  I bought a couple of maternity shorts from Old Navy and really looking forward to wearing them this summer!

Stretch Marks: I’ll let you know in a couple of months….hopefully none!!!

Sleep: Sleep is great.  No real change besides getting up once in the middle of the night to pee.  I also still go to bed pretty early every night, so on the weekends, I’m up early.  Honestly, this is kinda nice.  I notice my days are so much longer when I’m up by 8:30!

Symptoms: Get this, I have “pregnancy mask”….but on my hands!  Seriously, isn’t that so weird?!  My OB has assured me it will go away after pregnancy.

What I Miss: Nothing really at this point.  As I said, I’ve found some pretty good mocktails, so that has made me happy for these warm days!

Best Moment: Feeling very good! My mom and I went antique shopping for the little girl’s nursery last weekend and I found some things.  So excited to get this nursery started.  I’m also excited for the big 20 week ultrasound scan today.  Fingers crossed everything looks ok!

Memorable Moments: Hmmm memorable moment was definitely last week.  Our insurance changed from Blue Cross Blue Shield to Aetna…AND my OB is not in our network anymore.  Pretty much, it was the end of the world for me.  Thank goodness for Derek because he handled me with kid-gloves and took care of the situation.  Unfortunately, we have to switch practices; but, I’m feeling very confident with the new set of doctors.

Have a great weekend!!

post signature

25 comments:

Mama’s Minute said...

How precious! I am glad everything is going well! Love your chalkboard picture with the update! :)

I had a chicken aversion (having a boy) and you had a beef aversion. Wonder what that's all about!

Take it easy this weekend!

Lauren said...

20 weeks! You are still so small :) Glad your pregnancy is going well so far. love the updates!

Becky said...

I'm glad to hear everything is going well!! I'm still so excited for you :)

Kristen said...

Seriously, if I looked like you at 20 weeks, I'd be a happy camper! You look great!

I'm sorry you have to switch OB. That stinks. :( I just found out yesterday when I went to my rheumatologist that I'll have to see a high risk OB when we get pregnant. I'm not surprised by that, but at the same time I was.

Katrin said...

I am happy to hear that everything is going well and that you are feeling great! You look so beautiful!

Jamie Hart said...

I remember when I was pregnant and I kept waiting and WAITING for that moment when I would look "more" pregnant and then I woke up one morning and said "dayyyyyyum".. it was like it happened overnight. Anyway, you look radiant and I love that your updates are good ones-- sorry about that OB issue but I'm sure the new one will grow on you!
XOXO

Unknown said...

You look great! At 20 weeks I had a nice sized basketball!!! LOL :) It flies by now that you're at the halfway point! Enjoy it.

Hope you're following my new mommy blog --- it'll be right up your alley soon! :)

Kate said...

Oddly enough - We went from Blue Cross to Aetna during my pregnancy too, but I was able to keep my ob. Also, I had an anterior placenta and STILL felt my little guy from early on... Lord help me, hes going to be a little terror. Lol! You feel your girl so much in a few weeks that I promise you're not missing out on anything right now :)

Courtney said...

I was just about to ask where your bump was when I read that last statement about not having one yet. Can't wait to see you with one on =)

Lauren said...

You look fabulous girl!!! Can't believe you are already half way there, exciting :-)

Jordon said...

Oh me you look FABULOUS!!!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Oh my goodness, you look absolutely fabulous! I can't believe you're half way there!

Allison said...

You look great Katie...I can't believe you are already half way through your pregnancy. Wow!! And I can't wait to see your nursery finds!

Jane {In The Pink & Green} said...

You look awesome! So exciting that you're at the halfway point! xoxo

Kait said...

You look great! You are the tiniest cutest little pregnant lady ever!

Allison said...

You are glowing and look awesome! I can't believe you are already half way there!!!

Angie said...

With my son I got a pregnancy mask bad all over my face. It looked like I was dirty all the time. It didn't happen with my two girls, just my boy!

Faith said...

Pregnancy mask? What is that?

You look fabulous. Happy 20 weeks!

SugarFreeAsh said...

My insurance switched in the middle of my pregnancy too and I panicked! It all worked out, but don't they know pregnancy is already stressful?! :) Glad it's working out for you.

Pegster said...

Happy half way point, woop woop.

Sooo sorry about having to switch Dr's office, that is definitely a huge annoyance. I hope the transition is smooth.

I love that you are such a happy pregnant lady, it is so much fun and exciting to follow along this journey.

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

what's a pregnancy mask? and you don't look wide!! i wouldn't have guessed from this pic you posted!! and yay for finding cocktails....personally, i think i'll miss sushi more than alcohol hahah

Emily said...

Adorable! You are like me, I didn't show for quite a while! I also didn't feel movement until later (21 weeks) but once you feel it, it's amazing!

Unknown said...

I love this post, you look so great! What a nightmare having your insurance switched... I am glad you got it all figured out!

Erin LFF said...

How are you already 20 weeks?! Crazy!! :) So glad to hear you'r sleeping, eating, feeling pretty good overall!! SO sorry about all the insurance/doctor switching stuff, that's never fun! =\

J and A said...

Half way!! YAY! I have anterior plancenta too, so it was around 24 weeks where I felt her for sure and now at 26 weeks my hubby just felt her, so hang in there, I know how hard it is to wait!! You look great!