Image Map

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese

So, I made this Mac & Cheese last week and it was DE-licious!  Seriously, go make this right now.
You find the original recipe here
 Ingredients:
1 lb. pasta { I used the small shells}
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked & cubed
1 tbsp. flour
4-6 tbsp. butter
1 1/2 cups milk
4 oz. grated monterrey jack cheese {half a brick.  plus more for topping}
1/3 cup sharply shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce  {Frank's Red Hot is my favorite!!!}
1/3 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
Ranch dressing, to taste

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375
  2. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and return to pot. 
  3. While the pasta is cooking, heat saucepan over medium heat and add the butter.  Add the flour once the butter is melted and bubbly.  Whisk together to create a little roux and then cook for about 1-2 minutes until it starts to get a little golden in color.
  4. Add in the milk and turn the heat down to low. 
  5. Stir until the milk thickens and add in the cheeses.  Stir until the mixture is smooth.
  6. Stir in wing sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
  7. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish and add the pasta & cubed chicken.  Mix well so that the chicken is evenly distributed throughout the pasta. 
  8. Pour cheese sauce on top and make sure everything's evenly coated for maximum yumminess.
  9. Now sprinkle with cracker crumbs and extra cheese.
  10. Bake at 375 for about 25 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.  Remove from oven and drizzle with extra wing sauce.  Once plated, add blue cheese or ranch dressing if you prefer!

Note- I would double the sauce next time.

Enjoy!

post signature

19 comments:

Jane {In The Pink & Green} said...

Mmmmm this looks delicious! I love anything buffalo flavored, this looks so yummy!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

delicious!! thanks for the recipe!!

Margaret said...

This sounds fabulous!! Will definitely have to try it!

Courtney said...

That sounds a.m.a.z.i.n.g!

the girl in the red shoes said...

YUM! I'm hungry now!

Jordon said...

lordy this looks yummo! I think my fiance would die over this!

Lauren said...

This looks beyond good, will need to try :-)

Helene said...

ohh my mouth is watering, this looks delicious!

Allison said...

Sounds Ahhhh-mazing! Yum!!

According to Jax said...

Okay seriously....i'm TRYING to be on a diet!! haha.

Jamie Hart said...

Sniff Sniff--- I wish I could eat chicken :( Looks delish!

Becky said...

I want it I want it!!!

Faith said...

That looks incredible! Def adding to my ever growing list of recipes to make!

Kristen said...

YUM! I have a recipe of the version of this, but with quinoa that I want to try.

erica said...

This looks delish! I am definitely going to have to give this recipe a try! xx

Sara McCarty said...

Oh my word, this sounds amazing. I am such a sucker for buffalo chicken anything! YUM.

Unknown said...

Wow... this looks pretty epically awesome!

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

looks pretty yummy!! i think i'll have my husband make it so i don't mess it up hahahah

Unknown said...

pinned and tweeted! this looks so incredibly delicious, oh my! Any spin on mac n cheese wins my heart :)