Image Map

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Randoms!

All I have is complete and utter randomness for you today...

1) I've started becoming obsessed with the Bachelor/ette spoilers.  Namely, this one and this one.  I'm kinda watching these crazy horrible shows just because I love reading the behind the scenes and spoilers.

2) I've almost completed my first cleanse.  Oh man, this one deserves its own post...

3) We found out Charlie has some type of allergic reaction to eggs (insert huge sad face here).  Her face got puffy, red and blochy, and white welts.  It was my first mommy scare.  So glad benadryl was enough to help her feel better.

4) We leave for vacation in less than 3 weeks and I haven't thought through anything.  I need to research packing and flying with an almost 8 1/2 month old. I'm the complete opposite from a procrastinator (pointing to my husband right now) but I'd rather leave these details off to the last minute for some reason.

5) I met Derek for lunch a couple of weeks ago.  I showed up to the restaurant, and he had Charlie in her PJS!!!!!!!!!!!  I side-eye'd him as I sit down and he states that he "knows he should have changed her out of her PJs."  I guess when he walked in, he saw another dad alone with his daughter and she was all dressed up.  Anyway, these PJs were unfortunate in the fact that they were blue and white stripped with a big pink ladybug on the butt.  Well, Charlie was sitting in a high chair, so all you could see was blue.  Our waitress asked if we wanted any crackers for "HIM" while we are waiting.  I honestly laughed so hard that I couldn't answer.  I think Derek got his shaming x100 that he'll never take Charlie out in her PJs again.

6) I'm so excited for this 4th of July.  Last year I was pregnant and still thoroughly enjoyed  our block party.  Now, this year, after Charlie goes to sleep, I'll be making up for lost time :)

7) We took Charlie to the zoo for the first time.  She didn't love it, but was interested in the very large animals that were close.  Honestly, exposing her to new things/experiences is my favorite thing in the whole wide world.  I cannot wait to take her on her first plane, show her the ocean, etc!

8) We are doing a board & train program for Brutus while we are gone.  He is such a great little dog, but has so much anxiety.  We are hoping a program will help him with that.  Plus, what dog wouldn't want to hang out on a farm for a couple of weeks!

9) I've successfully completed my no-spend June (for myself).  Now, all bets are out the window with preparation for this vacation!

10) Derek got me a MacBook Air for my birthday and I'm trying to figure out how to use the thing!  There is way more of a learning curve than I was prepared for.  I'm trying to find a downloadable program to draft my blog posts on...any ideas?

That's all I have for you!  Happy July (and my birthday month!)!!



16 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. G! said...

The pajamas story made me giggle, something my husband probably will do. Can't wait to hear about the cleanse and the vaca!

Courtney said...

Ok, I want to hear more about the cleanse. I've been looking at a few different ones but I'm torn/confused on the best one out there. Which one did you go with and what did you think of it?

According to Jax said...

Haha....well in Derek's defense, all babies look cute no matter what they are wearing! :) (Look at the bright side, atleast she had clothes on, right??!)

brittany @ g squared said...

I have a comment for almost all of these lol.

1. Yay for vacation! Where are you guys going?
2. WHY are you doing a cleanse?! I need more details.
3. LOL about the pajamas. Will would so do that. I just had to seperate clothes vs pajamas in Norah's closet to make sure he knows the difference.
4. Yay for the block party! Minus me being the sober one this year ;/
5. Where are you doing a board and train program?! My dogs could DEFINITELY use this. I've been looking into it, and Will doesn't want them staying somewhere else, but if we could do it while we're at the hospital or something, it might be perfect.
6. Last but not least lol- I NEED to be doing no spend July. Too bad I am just about to pull the trigger on new night stands for us. Such a good idea though- I have been blowing through money like crazy lately for seriously no reason.

Erin LFF said...

LOL to the pj's story! ;) How fun that your area has a block party... can we show up and pretend we live in your neighborhood?! ;)

Shelley said...

oh the pjs out in public. i have a feeling that'll be austin when we have kids!
but as dar as a program for drafting blog posts on a mac, you could try TextEdit – it's super basic. Also, Pages is the mac version of microsoft word, but you do have to buy it.

Becky said...

Haha loved the PJs story!! :) I'm trying to decide what to do for the 4th - I'm so glad it's on a Friday this year!

Ericka said...

I'd love to hear more about your first cleanse experience--I've never done one, but have thought about it many times. Good luck with Charlie on the plane! And congrats on completing your no spend June! I was thinking of doing that for July...so far so good!

Jen said...

Lol about the PJ's. They sound cute though, so I could see why he might want to take her out in them. And I agree, I would love to hear more about the cleanse. I would be open to trying one sometime soon, especially after just getting back from vacation :)

Anne said...

Working ahead on the packing is smart - I'm sure the trip will go great, but it's nice to avoid the last day complete craziness before you go. (And let's see if we can get a lunch in before then! Can't wait to hear more about the no-shop June, the pre-vacation fun purchases, and the zoo trip.)

And oh no on the eggs!! Poor Charlie. We were going to try them soon - apparently egg whites are the more likely part to have allergic reactions, so there are various recommendations to wait until 9ish months to try them. So hoping to avoid an allergy!

Anne said...

p.s. and I am with you - seriously loving the seasonal beers and nice chilled wines after last summer :)

Unknown said...

Yay for getting to really enjoy 4th of July! I love the outfit shaming- too funny!

Sienna said...

haha i am desperately trying to avoid bachelorette spoilers!!!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Lol at Charlie wearing her PJs...my husband does stuff lol the time..once even letting out not even 20month old then pick out his own shoes...he chose two different shoes to wear and then they went to the park...men!! Enjoy your vacation!!

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

AOI had the same egg allergy reaction. glad to read everything was alright in the end.

great present from your hubby.

enjoy your summer vacation :)

Kristin said...

Dying over the pj lunch date!