Image Map

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Birthday Recap!

Thank you so much for all the lovely birthday comments!  They made my day = )  Hope you had a great weekend.  Because my birthday feel on a Thursday, the "birthday" was extended into the weekend (duh!).
So to start out, Thursday was my "real" birthday and as far as I knew we had no plans.  However, when I got home from work, Derek told me we were going to a wine tasting.  Yay!  A- I love wine and B- I wanted to go to this wine tasting because it was held at Xavier (where I went to graduate school).  On the way there, Derek told me some friends were coming to meet us!  Then I got super excited!  I don't know how he pulled it off, but it was a really fun time!

Alex, Tara (who can't keep her eyes open for pictures, haha!), Monica, and me!

Derek and I 

If you noticed, we were wearing these huge stickers.  It was such a great "networking" game.  You had to find the other person there with your same number.  Once you found them, you could go up to a booth and get a prize. (I chose 21 because it was my birthday (the 21st!)  Definitely want to use this game somehow at our house warming party since there will be a ton of people that don't know each other!

So at the end, they announce the team that had the best wine and the team with the "worst wine."  Additionally, they do split-the-pot drawings and other raffles.  All the sudden we hear that they are doing the last drawing for an iPad 2.......THEN MY HUSBAND'S NAME IS ANNOUNCED!  LOL.  Our entire corner was jumping up and down screaming..at least I hope, because I definitely was.  I guess just for pre-registering you were automatically entered into the drawing.  We didn't know how or cared but was just SUPER ecstatic!  As you can tell from the picture below...


We all ended up grabbing a drink at Xavier's one and only hole-in-the-wall bar.  Considering it was a Thursday night, it was so nice of everybody to come out!  It was such a fun night!  And the iPad 2 was the icing on the cake =)


Friday, I received a text from Megan wondering if I wanted to go see Jerry Seinfeld later that night.  I have seriously watched every Seinfeld episode made and absolutely love going to comedy shows.  I was thrilled she had an extra ticket and I was able to go!  Let me tell you- if he ever comes to your city, you must go!  He was hilarious and every second of his hour and 15 minutes was amusing!  I wanted to remember his entire routine to tell Derek- but I failed.  The only thing I really remembered is that "GOLF" stands for- Go Out, Leave Family....lol!


Saturday- I met a couple of friends downtown at a cupcakery.  It was very interesting because they close at 4pm and when my friend went into their shop at 3:00pm, they were all out of cupcakes!!!!  She showed her negotiating skills and luckily was able to snag 5 from other customers walking out, lol!  Yay Monica!  Besides the weird hours and not producing enough cupcakes to meet the demand, the cupcakes were AMAZING! I would definitely go back- but only if I placed an order before arriving!

Saturday night, Derek and I went and tried a new restuarant.  This is one of our favorite things to do and The National Exemplar made one of the top 10 lists for Cincinnati.  Plus, it is located in one of the cutest villages, Mariemont!  Love it!  Our food was delicious!  After we both were done eating, we both commented to each other how the portions were a little small and how we should go get ice cream afterwards.  All of the sudden when we were waiting for our bill, our waiter shows up with 2 desserts!?!?!  We were so confused.  He said these were for us just because they appreciated our business.  I made the reservation, so I KNOW there was no mention of us celebrating my birthday....hmmm...I wonder if somebody heard us saying we were still hungry!  LOL-  But definitely going back!

Well, sorry for the SUPER long recap!  Hopefully this week I will finally get some house pictures up!
Photobucket

19 comments:

Emily said...

What a fun weekend!! Wish I could have been there!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Oh my goodness, what a fun weekend! I can't believe you are only 21! You seem so much older (in a good way!) And how exciting about the iPad2! What a perfect night :)

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I just re-read - and realized I am a big blonde... your Birthday was ON the 21st - it wasn't your 21st.. haha!!

Faith said...

sounds like a fabulous birthday! how awesome that hubby won the IPad and the free deserts! luck was on your side this weekend!!! :)

LabelSnob said...

WOW! What an amazing few days! And that is so awesome your hubs won the iPad2!!!! So Jeally!

Caitlin C. said...

What a fun birthday weekend! I've always wanted to go to a wine tasting.. it sounds like so much fun! What a great idea about the numbers thing, too. Oh and those cupcakes look deee-lish-ous.

Sean Marie said...

Glad you had a good birthday weekend! Happy belated!

Jenna @ LaFemmeLaFanciful.com said...

Ahhh- what a fun weekend!! I cannot believe your husband won an iPad- that is soooo exciting!! :)

What cupcake place did you go to? That's super weird that they ran out of cupcakes! And lame.

Jax said...

Ohmygosh what a fun weekend!! This sounds like the perfect bday weekend! wine, comedy, cupcakes, an IPAD (that is SO awesome that he won!)! Happy happy birthday (again)! :)

dave and jenn said...

Sounds like a great birthday weekend! And how awesome is it that Derek won an iPad!? So cool!

Katie Did What said...

Awww what a fun birthday! You're adorable!! And I am soooo jealous you saw JERRY!! LOVE him!
p.s. those cupcakes look AMAZING.

Brunette & Blessed said...

congrats on winning! That is awesome

Mrs. Mama said...

looks like an amazing weekend!! happy late birthday!

asj said...

sounds like an AMAZING birthday weekend!! congrats on your husband winning the iPad2 -- since it was your birthday he gave it to you right? ;)

Kristen Thornburg said...

Sounds like SUCH a great weekend!! Those cupcakes look DIVINE!!

Katie said...

Loooks like you had a fab birthday weekend! so happy for you :) those cupcakes....ahhh look so delish!

Emily said...

Sounds like a fabulous birthday weekend! I love Seinfeld, so jealous! That's SO cool your hubby won the ipad :) Oh, and I need those cupcakes, YUM!

Megan said...

What a fun birthday! You are gorgeous and that dress is PRECIOUS!! I can't believe that he won an ipad! WOOOHOOOO for that! I would have been screaming, too!

Laynah said...

So happy you had a great 21st!
You looked adorable.
And what the heck, Ive been craving a cupcake for days, then you post this.
Thanks a lot! ha jk :)